Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Sounds like she may have been a little frightened that they were going to rape her to me. I guess you just read things through different eyes than a woman.
    I read where she said that she was afraid that they might rape her. But I didn't read her say that they actually threatened to rape her.

Okay, whatever; you believe what you like. Just because they didn't say 'We're going to rape you bitch' that makes it all okay. She had no reason to be afraid, and the whole thing is a hoax. I'm so glad that you made me see the error of my ways.
    Next time someone grabs your wallet, kicks you in the nuts or punches you in the face, if they didn't say they were going to do it, there's nothing to be afraid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    I read where she said that she was afraid that they might rape her. But I didn't read her say that they actually threatened to rape her.

Okay, whatever; you believe what you like. Just because they didn't say 'We're going to rape you bitch' that makes it all okay. She had no reason to be afraid, and the whole thing is a hoax. I'm so glad that you made me see the error of my ways.
    Next time someone grabs your wallet, kicks you in the nuts or punches you in the face, if they didn't say they were going to do it, there's nothing to be afraid of.
    Or I guess my reading comprehension skills are just better? If they wanted to rape her then they would have. But they obviously did not, nor is she explicitly quoted in the article as saying that they threatened to rape her.

I'm not saying that she didn't have a right to be scared, but how she handled the situation was just not smart at all. Being able to react appropriately in situations where your life is in danger is oftentimes the difference between life and death.

My reading comprehension levels are quite good, thank you; what you are refusing to see is that regardless of whether or not they threatened to rape her, she was afraid they would. She had no clue UNTIL THEY WERE GONE that they weren't going to rape, maim or kill her. Who the hell cares if she was 'explicitely quoted' that they threatened to rape her? She reacted in a way that most people would react; leave, get the hell out of Dodge, beat feet, motor. Leave the area before they come back. I don't give a shit if she was in Detroit, Windsor or London; if three men hold a gun to your head and make movements like they may rape and kill you, you don't stick around afterward to see if they'll come back and follow through. She did react appropriately by leaving. She called the cops when she got home. If she had lived in Dearborn, would you be saying she shouldn't have gone home? I doubt it. She just wanted to be safe and home is where she felt safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Or I guess my reading comprehension skills are just better? If they wanted to rape her then they would have. But they obviously did not, nor is she explicitly quoted in the article as saying that they threatened to rape her.

I'm not saying that she didn't have a right to be scared, but how she handled the situation was just not smart at all. Being able to react appropriately in situations where your life is in danger is oftentimes the difference between life and death.

My reading comprehension levels are quite good, thank you;
    LOL. I didn't say that your reading comprehension levels aren't good. I just said that maybe mine are better. Yours can be good and maybe mine are great.

what you are refusing to see is that regardless of whether or not they threatened to rape her, she was afraid they would. She had no clue UNTIL THEY WERE GONE that they weren't going to rape, maim or kill her. Who the hell cares if she was 'explicitely quoted' that they threatened to rape her? She reacted in a way that most people would react; leave, get the hell out of Dodge, beat feet, motor. Leave the area before they come back. I don't give a shit if she was in Detroit, Windsor or London; if three men hold a gun to your head and make movements like they may rape and kill you, you don't stick around afterward to see if they'll come back and follow through. She did react appropriately by leaving. She called the cops when she got home. If she had lived in Dearborn, would you be saying she shouldn't have gone home? I doubt it. She just wanted to be safe and home is where she felt safe.
    I fully understood her when she described her fear that they might rape her during the robbery. But what does that have to do with her not calling the police after they left the building? It's like being afraid of a tornado after the severe thunderstorm cells have moved on to the next county.