Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

These have turned into rental toys for people. I was at rosa parks transit center and people are just using them as toys and hanging out on them. I agree with the earlier posted that soon these will be a thing of the pass because the cost to profit just isn't there and people are abusing the heck outta these things.
    People treat it like crap because, " I don't care cause it ain't mine " attitude.
    People treat them like trash and that's got to affect the bottom line of these companies.
    The companies won't be able to keep this up for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I'm sure that kind of stuff happens everywhere, but good point. The scooters are like anything else in life. Some people will use them as intended, and some people will abuse them or use them for crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitdave View Post
    These have turned into rental toys for people. I was at rosa parks transit center and people are just using them as toys and hanging out on them. I agree with the earlier posted that soon these will be a thing of the pass because the cost to profit just isn't there and people are abusing the heck outta these things.
    People treat it like crap because, " I don't care cause it ain't mine " attitude.
    People treat them like trash and that's got to affect the bottom line of these companies.
    The companies won't be able to keep this up for long.

All true. I hope the COD doesn't get it in their heads to keep subsidizing the scooters if they're running @ a loss. I do think it's cool to see people using them to get from one destination to another, or carrying groceries on them. Trying one out is also on my short list. Someone take up a collection for flowers.

Ford buying e-scooter startup Spin

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1ND0F2

Maybe they will offer me one to get back to the office while they fix my latest recall