Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: After M-1 Rail

Hybrid View

I don't see any extensions happening anytime soon, if ever. The RTA will likely collapse due to non-funding. Out-state legislators already are against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I don't see any extensions happening anytime soon, if ever. The RTA will likely collapse due to non-funding. Out-state legislators already are against it.
    Why do out-state legislators matter? RTA is already established. Taxes will only come from the counties it services.

If the RTA has good proposal and communicates if effectively to the populace, this can definitely go though. While I metro Detroit can be very provincial at times, I think we know better and understand transit and transportation options is very important to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    I don't see why the basic process behind M-1 couldn't be repeated for an extension or crossing line. Private backing with some public dollars, not necessarily through the RTA. The more places connected by a transit network, the more valuable each station [[i.e. the original investment in M-1 and properties near it) becomes.