Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I can't find anything in the reports that says that someone witnessed this event. I find it very suspect that a police officer would have a bullet in the chamber AND the safety off.

Additionally it says the shot punctured a lung and went through the heart. If the gun was holstered it doesn't that seem like the bullet would have traveled downward into abdominal area.

~If~ this was a murder, it is not out of the question to embrace the victim and fire the shot from the holster through one's clothing?

Amateur forensics, I know, but there are too many question marks that make this tragedy smell more than accident.

Yes, then one report I read said she hugged him from behind and the gun went off? Which in a way makes the thru the heart and lung seems more reasonable, but the angles still off and it would have to be a left handed holster and she came up upon his right... and she had to be pretty short... etc. Information is very sketchy...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I can't find anything in the reports that says that someone witnessed this event. I find it very suspect that a police officer would have a bullet in the chamber AND the safety off.

Additionally it says the shot punctured a lung and went through the heart. If the gun was holstered it doesn't that seem like the bullet would have traveled downward into abdominal area....

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Yes, then one report I read said she hugged him from behind and the gun went off? Which in a way makes the thru the heart and lung seems more reasonable, but the angles still off and it would have to be a left handed holster and she came up upon his right... and she had to be pretty short... etc. Information is very sketchy...
    Zacha, if he is right-handed, a pistol in a shoulder holster would be under his left armpit with the barrel pointing towards anyone coming at him from behind. If the gun then fired, it would be aimed at her heart.

The only way that I can see it happening would be if the pistol was "cocked and locked" and had a modified "hair trigger". That would account for it if her grabbing him slid the safety off. I can't see a double action only pistol like a Glock doing this.

Thanks for the clarification... I was trying to express that. What a mess and so unfortunate. Guns do fire accidentally especially with the modified trigger issue. I had a friend who shot her self in the leg in a firing range booth! Crazy but it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    Zacha, if he is right-handed, a pistol in a shoulder holster would be under his left armpit with the barrel pointing towards anyone coming at him from behind. If the gun then fired, it would be aimed at her heart.

The only way that I can see it happening would be if the pistol was "cocked and locked" and had a modified "hair trigger". That would account for it if her grabbing him slid the safety off. I can't see a double action only pistol like a Glock doing this.