Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The FBI [[flagged keyword) crime data is established by the reports received by the different cities so it would reflect what one would want it to reflect,would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The FBI [[flagged keyword) crime data is established by the reports received by the different cities so it would reflect what one would want it to reflect,would it not?
    Are you telling this to me or Wesley? The FBI crime data would only be as reliable as the data given to it by the NYPD as their precincts would be policing their own respective areas and deciding whether to write up a report or not and what to file the incident as and that data is what would be forwarded to the FBI.

You should listen to some of the interviews with NY police officer Adrian Schoolcraft. http://www.thisamericanlife.org/play_full.php?play=414 Go to 32mins. Officer Schoolcraft interviewed NYPD Detective, Herbert Hernandez of the 33rd precinct. The detective picked up a serial rapist named Daryl Thomas involved in first degree rape. He admitted getting picked up for 8 other rapes in the area and was let go and the detective or the public was never notified there was a serial rapist in the area. He drove around the area with the suspect and the suspect pointed out where they happened and the detective looked it up and the crimes were downgraded as minor offenses such as criminal trespass. NYPD went out their way to cover it up for Compstat.
    Last edited by davewindsor; February-12-13 at 10:35 PM.

Just bits of information.

What confuses me a bit about Detroit is the whole definition of Home Invasion.

What I am used to is Home Invasion which is classed a felony,consists of home owners are in the house and the door gets kicked in ,a serious felony at that.

It seems and I may be mistaken a unoccupied burglary in Detroit ,which is a misdemeanor where I am at is considered a Home Invasion in Detroit.

Which would actually push the felony verses misdemeanor statistics up not on par with many other states. Different classes of felonies and misdemeanor ,so if that is the case the numbers would also be fudged a bit there also.