Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    I also witnessed unspeakable cruelty done to children by the nuns. One incident involved having a boy wedged into a steel garbage can for a half hour. The kid was probably scarred for life. I wondered how he could breath but he did in fact survive the ordeal. I'm glad I was a good boy in school and never had to be degraded like that.
    Oh, gag me. BSis, take care of your brother.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Oh, gag me. BSis, take care of your brother.
    Actually any torture JohnR received was probably needed.

Nah, I'm kidding. JohnR was truly a good kid. Not like me. He was quiet, but smart as a whip. He is a wordsmith to this day. As a child he kept us entertained at dinner time about his daily events.

I'm pretty pissed now about the eraser incident, if I had known back then, well, I'd kick that teachers ass.

But, as an adult, well.........I have my ways.

Help me out here. I don't remember Sr. Ellen Richard.

Does anyone remember that Sr. Paul Therese was so mean, there was a boy in 6th grade that was so afraid to ask her to go to the bathroom, he just knelt on the floor and peed his pants?

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Actually any torture JohnR received was probably needed.

Nah, I'm kidding. JohnR was truly a good kid. Not like me. He was quiet, but smart as a whip. He is a wordsmith to this day. As a child he kept us entertained at dinner time about his daily events.

I'm pretty pissed now about the eraser incident, if I had known back then, well, I'd kick that teachers ass.

But, as an adult, well.........I have my ways.

Help me out here. I don't remember Sr. Ellen Richard.

Does anyone remember that Sr. Paul Therese was so mean, there was a boy in 6th grade that was so afraid to ask her to go to the bathroom, he just knelt on the floor and peed his pants?
    SR. Ellen Richard was 4th grade/Room 100, the hallway room that connected the two halves of the school.
    There was also a pants wetting incident in her classroom due to fear of her. One of the boys was sitting in the back corner and was afraid to ask her to go that he just pee'd in his chair. And then SHE announced it to the whole class, AFTER she felt his pants to make sure it was him.
    Didn't you move to SJ after 4th grade?

Being the Catholic nun she is, I imagine she was trying to build character, instill empathy and promote the development of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Being the Catholic nun she is, I imagine she was trying to build character, instill empathy and promote the development of common sense.
    A reply to my own quote:

7, I don't know what still you've been dipping into, but the only promotin' going on was getting the he|| out of her class in June, and the empathy was just in your imagination, because the whole class of characters was rolling on the floor chortling their freaking arses off.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    A reply to my own quote:

7, I don't know what still you've been dipping into, but the only promotin' going on was getting the he|| out of her class in June, and the empathy was just in your imagination, because the whole class of characters was rolling on the floor chortling their freaking arses off.
    Actually, I don't recall any chortling going on. All I remember is a bunch of scared 10 year olds who didn't want to get blamed for the puddle on the floor, and didn't want to get punished for something they didn't do.

Thought I'd change the topic from nuns to car wash.. a perfect segue. This was posted on the Eastwood forum and since Eastwood and Hayes is in the St. Jude boundary perhaps one of our posters might have an answer or comment.

To all who lived near Eastwood and Hayes: As long as I can recall there has been a car wash on the south east corner of Eastwood and Hayes. Last time I checked [[last year) the car wash was still in business. I don't recall another car wash in existence any longer.
    Does anyone know when that car wash opened?
    Do you know of another car wash that has been in business longer?