Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
Ya know. I'd like to vote for RTA and SMART however it makes no sense. FAST ignores Grand River and most signs are torn down [[11 and Woodward) and beyond. Rail [[like Portland, OR) would be good but this city and region seems not able to create such a system.

Tell a voter how we can remedy a funked up situation
Grand River FAST service doesn't make sense at the moment because Novi is an opt-out community. If the RTA passes, Grand River and Van Dyke would be the first up to get FAST service.

This region will never get behind comprehensive rail. At this point it's too expensive and rigid. With the rapidly changing mobility market, I, too, don't think it's a wise investment. BRT is the best to shoot for.

I've always wanted clearer signage [[and clearer route maps) from both SMART and DDOT [[the FAST Gratiot routing to WSU comes to mind). I haven't noticed the missing signs at 11 & Woodward, but you do know the actual FAST stop is an 1/8 mile south of 11 Mile just south of Hendrie, no? If you've been looking for it at the first SMART stop north of 11, you'll never find it.

http://www.rtamichigan.org/wp-conten...ortunities.pdf