Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    Proximity to bus stop sketches it out some. The neighborhood to the SE isnt much of a neighborhood anymore. Empty lots & abandos but still, not an area I would select to live. Corner at State Fair and Woodward is another kind of market. Store stands a chance though. It is probably the cheapest option for quality food and other items in the city. People in Hazel Park and Ferndale who like Meijer probably go there instead of the 14 mile store.
    I just don't see too many people from Ferndale going there. Its still Detroit and once you cross that line, the crime rate jumps exponentially and the police don't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    I just don't see too many people from Ferndale going there. Its still Detroit and once you cross that line, the crime rate jumps exponentially and the police don't show up.
    I think there will be a strong effort by Detroit to deal with the crime issue, case in point there will be a police mini-station in the plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Maybe there are a lot of Ferndale people who never cross 8 Mile, but I don't know them.

Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    Maybe there are a lot of Ferndale people who never cross 8 Mile, but I don't know them.
    I take it you don't know a lot of Ferndaliens. We're not all cowering in fear of 8mile. Some of us even live near it. And cross it, sometimes even on bikes!

I think a lot of South Oakland residents that are tired of the trip to 15 and Coolidge just might take a chance on crossing 100 yards into the city to shop here. I know a lot won't, but most people I associate with here in Ferndale will.

Quote Originally Posted by ferndalien View Post
    I take it you don't know a lot of Ferndaliens. We're not all cowering in fear of 8mile. Some of us even live near it. And cross it, sometimes even on bikes!

I think a lot of South Oakland residents that are tired of the trip to 15 and Coolidge just might take a chance on crossing 100 yards into the city to shop here. I know a lot won't, but most people I associate with here in Ferndale will.
    Did you misread my quote? That is pretty much what I said!

Did you misread my quote? That is pretty much what I said!
    Derp. This Ferndalien can't read. Need more coffee. Sorry.

Bunch of us are crossing and enjoying the new store. Feel very safe. No worries and I like that can walk their or ride my bike [[done it twice). Great job, Meijer! Thanks!!