Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
    The nearby Detroiter Bar in Greektown is good and cheap.

Greektown is the nearest thing Detroit has to a tourist trap - probably more than the riverfront/Ren Cen area.

If the Wahlburger joint has a better and more lively/youthful vibe than a traditional restaurant, Wahlberg and his brothers will get the customers. Most of the out-of-towners wandering in Greektown are probably not discriminating diners, anyway. They won't go off the beaten path through Detroit to find something better. I just hope they don't pee on the sidewalk like the drunk guys who park their cars in Brush Park to walk to the Tigers games at Comerica.
    Good post and you're probably right. Since the powers that be are hell bent on creating a tourist town bubble, the national chain will be recognized and patronized by those sheeple, much like Hard Rock and Rain Forest were in the late 80's. [[both a total disappointment to me when I finally got a chance to visit each once) Amen on the sidewalk peeing, and scores of other abuses by the 'burbanites.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Good post and you're probably right. Since the powers that be are hell bent on creating a tourist town bubble, the national chain will be recognized and patronized by those sheeple, much like Hard Rock and Rain Forest were in the late 80's. [[both a total disappointment to me when I finally got a chance to visit each once) Amen on the sidewalk peeing, and scores of other abuses by the 'burbanites.
    Ouch, I just lost any respect I might have had. Did you buy a coffee cup at Rainforest?

Ht: Thought you might enjoy this link:
    http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...e#.Vn6bhlIy3K8

Quote Originally Posted by Dbest View Post
    Ouch, I just lost any respect I might have had. Did you buy a coffee cup at Rainforest?Ht: Thought you might enjoy this link:http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...e#.Vn6bhlIy3K8
    No I bought a $500 leather bomber jacket that said "Hard Rock Cafe, Poughkeepsie" on the back, still couldn't pick-up chicks..... We, [[my little peer group and I) used to frequent Greek Town on a regular basis back when we first became of driving age. You were hard pressed to find a restaurant there with a menu in English. After the first Greek Town "revival", we felt it had lost it's charm, especially when you stood in line outside for 45 minutes, only to be seated and find out they were out of half the items on the menu. [[around 1980 or so) When I worked Downtown, we [[my office worker peers) and I would occasionally walk down, or take the People Remover, to Greek Town for lunch. I love Skordalia. These days there are excellent authentic Greek Restaurants in other parts of the City, where you can park the car, walk right in, have a great meal, and not have to deal with the "Greek Town" baggage BS. I no longer have the need to be "seen" @ the latest "In" spot. I'll leave that for the gamblers. The Deadline Detroit article is about 20 years too late.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-26-15 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    No I bought a $500 leather bomber jacket that said "Hard Rock Cafe, Poughkeepsie" on the back, still couldn't pick-up chicks.
    Hehehe.... makes my HARD ROCK LONDON [[no not Ontario) and HARD ROCK PARIS T-Shirts.... seem downright chic!!