Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Yes, promising if we get enough residents to patronize both the Whole Foods and say, Kim's Produce. I'm not too worried about Avalon and Goodwells; they both sell goods that a WF wouldn't, and Avalon may even supply the store with bread, as they do for Plum Market and Holiday's.

I guess I'm just surprised because we can't even keep first-floor retail open on the ground floor of the dorms -- the shops on Anthony Wayne are doing OK, but Pizzeria Venti shut down suddenly this fall, and the B&N convenience store will be gone in April as well. [[My futile wish is for a full service pharmacy and convenience store to open in that location, much like the new campus CVS @ U-M Ann Arbor... but of course, it won't with the perennially understocked University Pharmacy right there in the same block.)

If they come I may patronize a bit, but again my income prevents me from being happy to pay outrageous prices for the privileged of the WF 'experience'. And I work three jobs!

Whoa to the person in more serious economic straights as WF is out of their price range, especially when you can shop around for far better deals even in the border suburbs like east Dearborn where produce is far, far cheaper and of good quality due to the large middle-east population.

Now I INDEED get and fully comprehend the whole [[pardon the pun) 'organic' or nothing at all argument, but EVERYONE's not there!
    MANY Detroiters just need to be able to get some form of fresh produce instead of the horrid canned and base freezer-burned frozen veggies available in the liquor-lottery 'hood' stores...

For me I'll continue with the 'whole foods' as an attainable reality and concept not a big CORPORATE 'brand' theme store thing elsewhere. Like KIMS... I love Kims!
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Yes, promising if we get enough residents to patronize both the Whole Foods and say, Kim's Produce. I'm not too worried about Avalon and Goodwells; they both sell goods that a WF wouldn't, and Avalon may even supply the store with bread, as they do for Plum Market and Holiday's.

I guess I'm just surprised because we can't even keep first-floor retail open on the ground floor of the dorms -- the shops on Anthony Wayne are doing OK, but Pizzeria Venti shut down suddenly this fall, and the B&N convenience store will be gone in April as well. [[My futile wish is for a full service pharmacy and convenience store to open in that location, much like the new campus CVS @ U-M Ann Arbor... but of course, it won't with the perennially understocked University Pharmacy right there in the same block.)
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-22-11 at 06:27 AM.