Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

I used to go to Amsterdam a lot and it was usually in the summer months. Talk about a city that can smell like pee...

That would be an open air urinal. Just pee at the wall, the floors are slopped so the pee drains into the canal. gross.
    Last edited by bailey; March-29-13 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    I used to go to Amsterdam a lot and it was usually in the summer months. Talk about a city that can smell like pee...

That would be an open air urinal. Just pee at the wall, the floors are slopped so the pee drains into the canal. gross.

I guess the mix of Heineken and high power grass can also add substantial aroma to the urea deposits.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post

So basically Amsterdam is a cesspool?

A tale of two cities. On one side of the river: Washrooms are readily available, for all. Nobody goes bankrupt due to illness. An average of one or two people per year are murdered.
    On the other side: ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    A tale of two cities. On one side of the river: Washrooms are readily available, for all. Nobody goes bankrupt due to illness. An average of one or two people per year are murdered.
    On the other side: ???

Are we talking Detroit and Windsor or Detroit and Amsterdam?

Great comment by way of crucial distinction!!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Are we talking Detroit and Windsor or Detroit and Amsterdam?

What's a myth? Ones personal choice? ... I was simply stating the 'I' would not live any where without locking my doors. i understand that there are places were people don't lock there doors.

On the other hand in 'safer' areas you don't have to live like you are in prison with bars and bob-wire. I do not desire to live that way either.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    That's a myth. Unless you're talking about large farm tracts in the county. But, I'm sure that the case in many agricultural towns and villages in Michigan too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    What's a myth? Ones personal choice? ... I was simply stating the 'I' would not live any where without locking my doors. i understand that there are places were people don't lock there doors.

On the other hand in 'safer' areas you don't have to live like you are in prison with bars and bob-wire. I do not desire to live that way either.
    No, I was responding to the Bowling for Columbine comment about single family homes, but it got cut off. Canadians in the city don't leave their front doors unlocked. The myth is that they do. Property crime in the city is quite bad on this side of the river with plenty of crack heads doing B&Es to feed their habit. The closer to the river, the worse it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    So basically Amsterdam is a cesspool?
    Not the best solution, but at least they found a practical way of addressing the issue of why people are peeing all over the place in public. I just hope people don't fish in that canal and serve it up for dinner.

Is there not a deposit on plastic liquor bottles in Michigan like Ontario? I must have spotted a hundred of them littering the street sides while walking around.

Not the best solution, but at least they found a practical way of addressing the issue of why people are peeing all over the place in public. I just hope people don't fish in that canal and serve it up for dinner.

Is there not a deposit on plastic liquor bottles in Michigan like Ontario? I must have spotted a hundred of them littering the street sides while walking around.
    Before you come over next time, see if you can first pee in one of Windsor's brothels. While you're there, ask them if they can take your deposits.

On some recent visits to Detroit, I have noticed that strong smell of stale urine. It's something you'd come to expect considering the large amount of abandoned buildings, a homeless population, and businesses that don't want their washrooms vandalized or left a mess. I can't blame them.

Usually, I've just asked for a key or bought something cheap. Operating a restroom is an expense, so it's understandable a business would want you to reciprocate And that doesn't mean you have to buy a whole meal , just something cheap.

Anyway it would be nice to see those public toilet stations that I've seen in SF and Atlanta. They are full ADA accessible toilet rooms that are cleaned after every user. They have a time limit too. You can request more time, but if you take too long the cleaning mechanisms will turn on and you'll get doused with soapy water.

I went to Windsor once and all the people were covered in oozing sores. Windsor is infected.

If there's a Home Depot around, that looks like a friendly spot to go.
    Attachment 18775

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    If there's a Home Depot around, that looks like a friendly spot to go.
    Attachment 18775
    "You can do it. We can help." LOL

Those folks at the Home Depot need to put signs on the toilets in the aisle that they are for display only. Oh well...someone's going to get a plunger for half off now.

Larry The Cable Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Before you come over next time, see if you can first pee in one of Windsor's brothels. While you're there, ask them if they can take your deposits.
    Huh? What are you talking about? What brothels? Prostitution is illegal down here.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    I went to Windsor once and all the people were covered in oozing sores. Windsor is infected.
    WTF? Are you high or something?

Oozing Sores is a great name for a band.

Midtown Woodward is a cesspool. Seriously. There's all this talk about the area being improved with new businesses and revitalization. But, they forgot one thing. And it's such a rudimentary, but important element part of this city--the washrooms. I went to downtown yesterday to see what's changed and what new developments have occurred and walked up Woodward to midtown.

After I crossed the bridge, I had to pee. Nobody seems to have a washroom open to the public in Midtown. And this is in the early afternoon. Store entrances have smelly fresh puddles of pee in front of them. It's unsanitary. It's a cesspool. But, can you blame people? No one lets you use their damn washrooms! Am I supposed to just pee in front of buildings along Woodward like everyone else?

Franchise restaurants lock their washrooms in the middle of the day. Can you believe that? The Starbucks had a 15 person line and the washroom was locked. I would have to wait in line to get a key. Went to Subway. They had a shared washroom and it was locked and the sign on the door of the washroom said washroom closed out of order. How can business leaders talk about cleaning up this city when businesses won't even let you use their washrooms? These are major franchises. Come on. I finally found a McDonald's with an unlocked washroom after walking 20 blocks and waiting an hour. I bought my lunch there out of gratitude, but they got my order wrong anyway.

I can walk into any major franchise fast food restaurant in downtown Windsor and find a washroom to use within a block and not a single washroom is locked. I mean really? Why bother visiting midtown? It's a cesspool.
    http://www.catheterdeals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    From experience?

Name:  toilet3.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  36.8 KB
    I wonder what the female version would look like?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Oozing Sores is a great name for a band.
    Oozing Sores, with special guest Cesspool

Thats a great marquee!

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    Oozing Sores, with special guest Cesspool

Thats a great marquee!

Yeah. I forget, werent they both nominated in either the easy listening category or Contemporary christian at the grammies?

Avoid restrooms in places with plumbing trucks in the parking lot.

At a local Wendy's a plumber was blowing out some lines with compressed air but got the pressure wrong and blew up a toilet. Some poor guy was using it at the time [[standing). He was wearing an expensive suit and was late for a meeting. They paid his dry cleaning bill.

True story.

lmao wow is all I have to say. Maybe next time you'll drive back to windsor to pee

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast