Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

WXYZ) - Michigan is seeing an increase in the number of bikers dying in motorcycle accidents.
    Michigan State Police released statistics showing an 18% increase in motorcycle fatalities from 2011 to 2012. In 2011 there were 109 deaths investigated, and in 2012 there were 129.
    The increase comes after a change in law. In April 2012, Michigan got rid of its mandatory helmet law for bikers.
    Supporters of the law change said that preventing accidents is key to saving lives, not wearing helmets.
    It is not clear yet whether the increase in deaths is due to the change in law. Information on the injuries that caused these deaths and helmet use has not yet been released.
    Michigan State Police however have said that if you don’t wear a helmet you are about 40% more likely to die from a head injury in an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
    WXYZ) - Michigan is seeing an increase in the number of bikers dying in motorcycle accidents.
    Michigan State Police released statistics showing an 18% increase in motorcycle fatalities from 2011 to 2012. In 2011 there were 109 deaths investigated, and in 2012 there were 129.
    The increase comes after a change in law. In April 2012, Michigan got rid of its mandatory helmet law for bikers.
    Supporters of the law change said that preventing accidents is key to saving lives, not wearing helmets.
    It is not clear yet whether the increase in deaths is due to the change in law. Information on the injuries that caused these deaths and helmet use has not yet been released.
    Michigan State Police however have said that if you don’t wear a helmet you are about 40% more likely to die from a head injury in an accident.
    This has happened in every state that has repealed the helmet law.
    If they choose to ride without a cap, so be it. Just make sure you carry loads of extra insurance, you may need it. I refuse to pay for your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferson78 View Post
    This has happened in every state that has repealed the helmet law.
    If they choose to ride without a cap, so be it. Just make sure you carry loads of extra insurance, you may need it. I refuse to pay for your stupidity.
    You don't have that option. You're paying for it through increase in premiums to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    You don't have that option. You're paying for it through increase in premiums to us all.
    Yeah, I know. Thanks Snyder. Another one of your brainless edicts.

Taking recent history into account...Snyder just might not be as smart as [[self) advertised.

I even drunk the Koolaid.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    Taking recent history into account...Snyder just might not be as smart as [[self) advertised.

I even drunk the Koolaid.

I think Snyder signed it without his helmet on.