Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I sorta do feel bad for her, she got the short end of the stick! While "rich" KK [[who's now a Texan - yeah right!) flew the coup... back with his er-ahem "renued" wife [[no surprise there)... negotiating his $6.00 [[opps I meant $3000 or so - still short) a month payment option, with a great job that allows him to go back and forth "debating" and martyring if he can pay more.

All jokes aside [[we) I don't know what her inner landscape is about nor does the article as it is not an interview... she may really be contrite. Even the most arrogant have had their personal renewal. I'd lay low if I were her, go back to school, change career [[as most Michiganders are doing) and move on... she has her kids to think about now. Most of all....

Compared to KK, she's at least remorseful or intelligent enough not to appear on television and still be smug and brash about things. I'll grant her that.

Her arrogance was offensive -- especially as it was applied to same community she was entrusted to serve. Such is the endorced fabric of Detroit politics. She must have thought the disney ride would never end. But it all ends -- a lesson in the final fruits of arrogance. The same people you dissed recall you on your way down...

She and KK have TWO [[2) felonies on their records and "TWO" is the magic number!

Correct me if I am wrong someone, but I think you can only have ONE [[1) felony expunged from your record per lifetime? That is why two felonies is worse than one. Recall KK yammering on about having his felony expunged BEFORE finishing his probation!

Where did these folks go to law school? AttorneysRus.com?

Expungement or Diversion of a Felony case usually occurs AFTER the probation and full restitution NOT BEFORE - duh?
    In any event a convicted felon can still vote in Michigan. I wonder if that is so in Texas? If not KK's enthusiasm might be dampened a bit to boast that he is now "a Texan!"!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyselbin View Post
    It seems to me that she does have remorse. I was very offended by her abuse of power. It seemed so stupid to treat those cops like that because the potential damage to her career could have been and was indeed cataclysmic........ghetto mentality?

As for her law career she was in law school so as a convicted felon I am unsure of how it all works. According to Wiki she is currently not in school.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-23-09 at 09:23 AM.

detroitchef Guest

What I find the most interesting, is the State statute we see quoted all over in Beckham's case, about felons on government payrolls; and the language SPECIFICALLY bars them [[felons and ex felons) from offices they are voted into; and yet KK seems to feel he's a shoo-in for future re-employment.

Marion Berry did it in DC because he somehow got an expungement AND his crime pre-dated the DC 'no felons' statue, and since DC is technially not a state, there is no state level oversight of that mayoral office.

We live in a society in which guilt has been jettisoned for the almighty "I"... There is not some lawyer or professor that cannot/ will not justify anything! And that world view extends beyond DETROIT! In part it is about arrogant self-justification in the form of "flexing" oneself mentally [[and even blinding others - all the better to justify it all) to the level that rules don't apply. Some do it better than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitchef View Post
    What I find the most interesting, is the State statute we see quoted all over in Beckham's case, about felons on government payrolls; and the language SPECIFICALLY bars them [[felons and ex felons) from offices they are voted into; and yet KK seems to feel he's a shoo-in for future re-employment.

Marion Berry did it in DC because he somehow got an expungement AND his crime pre-dated the DC 'no felons' statue, and since DC is technially not a state, there is no state level oversight of that mayoral office.
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-23-09 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Typos.....

In general, once someone has paid their price, done their time, if you keep punishing them, you only force them into a life of further crime since that is all they are allowed to do. She paid her price, seems contrite, so wish her luck, and dare I say ... help her like you would help anyone else. You gotta be big.

Some of the comments seem like not everyone read the article. She stays because her friends and family are here and I'd assume that while most of us wouldn't do what she did, they would want friends and family nearby if they had to deal with her daily life. I think this area is all she has ever known and Kwame's nonexistant sales record proves that even the best politicians have no real skills. There also no point in moving to create a new life when you don't have a job once you get there and because of that, not much chance a judge would make probation's work harder by allowing it. Now, if she was running to the presss and giving a woe is me story like Riddle, it would be a completely different story.

"It's difficult, but she is getting by, thanks to family and friends," said her pastor, the Rev. Ronald Griffin of Rose of Sharon Church of God in Christ in Detroit.

The high-end SUV was leased in 2007 before the scandal, and Griffin said she drives it because there's no saving by breaking her lease early.

Morganroth said she has looked for work in Washington, D.C., Atlanta and Alabama, "anyplace where she's had a contact or connection." Beatty could relocate out of state with Kenny's OK, a move the judge has indicated he likely would approve.

Still, Morganroth said, Beatty is "not complaining and claiming that she's somehow a victim. She's doing the best she can do. She's putting in her application and hoping something will come through."

She could try Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    With all of the money KK is languishing in, you can bet he's sending her money monthly to help her live. She's leasing a Land Rover, for pete's sake. You can't live that on unemployment, and I'm not buying their story about how she's living on her savings -- that would have run out long ago. I think KK is sending her hush money and will continue to do so until the statute of limitations expires on his crimes.

Not to mention that pretty big house she's still living at in Rosedale Park. Who's paying the mortgage if she doesn't have a job?? Anyone else would be foreclosed on by now, the way these banks and lenders are taking back people's homes.

Blarf Guest

Christine Beatty looks like a hybrid of a horse mixed with Scotty Pippin. That is one messed up looking woman.

Good job! Convert your opponents to cartoons and then kick the cartoon.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Not to mention that pretty big house she's still living at in Rosedale Park. Who's paying the mortgage if she doesn't have a job?? Anyone else would be foreclosed on by now, the way these banks and lenders are taking back people's homes.
    Are you?[[paying the mortgage)If not why the hell do you care.

No need to be a a- -wipe, unless you can't help it. I'm just saying if she was a common joe no favors would be forth coming. Plenty of people losing houses that are unemployed that don't get special treatment.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; December-27-09 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    No need to be a a- -wipe, unless you can't help it. I'm just saying if she was a common joe no favors would be forth coming. Plenty of people losing houses that are unemployed that don't get special treatment.
    Some losing their homes being employed because of cutbacks. I would like to see where the funds to maintain this lifestyle are coming from. Since she owes the city money, her finances should be public record.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brittz View Post
    Some losing their homes being employed because of cutbacks. I would like to see where the funds to maintain this lifestyle are coming from. Since she owes the city money, her finances should be public record.
    To both of you cinkid and you why the hell do you care? Your finances should be public record.

My tax dollars might be paying the mortgage. She made her bed, now I'd like to know who's paying for it - and who's sleeping in it.

To both of you cinkid and you why the hell do you care? Your finances should be public record.
    Why the hell do you care if I care? Let's see your finances.

Quote Originally Posted by RickBeall View Post
    In general, once someone has paid their price, done their time, if you keep punishing them, you only force them into a life of further crime since that is all they are allowed to do. She paid her price, seems contrite, so wish her luck, and dare I say ... help her like you would help anyone else. You gotta be big.
    Rick, I agree with your assessment noted above - in most cases. This woman is intelligent, educated and arrogant. She had a high profile job requiring major skills. If she didn't know she was in the spotlight, shame on her. All the best reasons she should be working every day to pay back all of the money and trust lost from her crimes. Some people need to do penance. When you ride high and mighty, you fall way down low. CB is an example of that. When I see her at soup kitchens and food banks helping others, for an extended length of time, I might believe she's seen the error of her ways. Until then, no pity from me. You not only have to do penance, you have to show penance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Christine Beatty looks like a hybrid of a horse mixed with Scotty Pippin. That is one messed up looking woman.
    This guy would make a good politician. Republicrat or Demican. Name calling skills are highly prized in the political arena nowadays.

MichMatters Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Name calling skills are highly prized in the political arena nowadays.
    Says resident hot-head, ultra-cynic, and drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    I don't really agree, in most of the photos I've seen she looks attractive. I've never seen her in person though. She seems to have a REALLY nice body.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Why the hell do you care if I care? Let's see your finances.

How in the hell are your finances paying her mortgage? That is preposterous. My finances are none of your business neither are Beattys's .... unless you are offering financial help...are you?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitchef View Post

The law that you're referring to, 750.118, applies to bribery not perjury. Kwame will be able to run again and Christine will be eligible for appointments, if she isn't already.

I have the nagging feeling that Christine Beatty is going to wind up on the City payroll again, probably on a newly elected council person's staff in a behind the scenes, but well paid, position. Maybe it will be an official job, maybe it will be a contract position for "consulting" services. When it comes to light, the council person who hires her will justify the move by lauding Beatty's experience and "know how".

I've got no inside information that this will happen, just a suspicion based on following Detroit politics for a long time.
    Last edited by Motor City Sam; December-28-09 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichMatters View Post
    Says resident hot-head, ultra-cynic, and drama queen.
    Thank you. I'm glad my long practiced skills are noticed. It should probably be noted that I'm also a commie, pinko, faggot. Not to mention an atheist and reformed, for the moment, transvestite.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast