Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I didn't see anyone else stepping up to offer an alternative location. No one in Novi has any delusions that this location is the equivalent of the state fair grounds. But no one has stepped forward to host the fair at no cost to the fair organizers either.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    I didn't see anyone else stepping up to offer an alternative location. No one in Novi has any delusions that this location is the equivalent of the state fair grounds. But no one has stepped forward to host the fair at no cost to the fair organizers either.
    Just because this guy lives in Novi doesn't mean he has to have the fair in the same idiotic location. If I was a businessman who lived on Beaver Island, Roseville, or Copper Harbor that doesn't mean I must have the fair in the same ill-suited place.

What you're basically saying is that we either have to host the fair ourselves as individuals in a logical location or acquiesce to any nonsensical idea somebody with money comes along with. Why bother with the fair, then?

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Just because this guy lives in Novi doesn't mean he has to have the fair in the same idiotic location. If I was a businessman who lived on Beaver Island, Roseville, or Copper Harbor that doesn't mean I must have the fair in the same ill-suited place.

What you're basically saying is that we either have to host the fair ourselves as individuals in a logical location or acquiesce to any nonsensical idea somebody with money comes along with. Why bother with the fair, then?
    How about Escanaba?
    http://www.upstatefair.org/

This is all a bunch of crap. The Silverdome tried to do this last year and it failed. Novi is proposing a big carnival with a animal expo just like the Silverdome did. They would probably bring some folks out using "State Fair" to hype it up. It took over 150 years to build a state fair. And usually there alot of politics involved. Not saying it can't be done but it's definitely not going to happen in 3 month. It takes cooperation from the state, cities, counties, agriculture, commodities, farmers, cattle/pig/sheep/horse producers, etc.. and MUCH more including lots of $$$$ to put on a real "state fair." This unraveling contributed to the downfall of the state fair we had, basically $$, lack of capitol improvement, and a lack of competent management.
    Last edited by MizMotown; May-24-12 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    I also wasn't in favor of having the Fair in Novi because of the smell but on reflection it does have advantages like we could be sure of not bumping into poobert.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I also wasn't in favor of having the Fair in Novi because of the smell but on reflection it does have advantages like we could be sure of not bumping into poobert.
    Now that was funny

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Yes... and maybe they could have a Global Warming/Renewable Energy pavilion, and have Rosie O'Donnell and Bill Maher cut the opening fair ribbon... and have Barbra Streisand perform... still interested?