Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
How many pay phones do you see on a daily basis? And all she wanted to do was get the hell out of there to where it was safe. You guys certainly don't seem to understand that she was attacked and was frightened that the people who did it were still around. And in the article it said she had her car keys because they WEREN'T in her purse. And her passport was in her car. They ransacked her purse, ergo if she had a decent cellphone, it was probably taken. Anyway, I'm sure if you were in danger of being raped and killed you would have been thinking very clearly and laying out exact plans on finding a phone, reporting to the police and waiting at the location where you were just attacked to talk to them.
I absolutely would have called the police at the first chance I got. We aren't even talking about her driving to Dearborn or Farmington Hills or some place where she doesn't have to pass through customs... She had to go into another country! She had to talk to customs agents, answer questions about citizenship and everything. In all that time she never thought to tell someone "hey, I was just robbed and almost got my head blown off!"

Frankly, after re-reading the story again it seems a bit sensationalized. Her fighter's instinct gave her the courage to question three men armed with guns, yet didn't give her the common sense to call the police?! I mean, that's at the most basic stage of how law enforcement works: call the police when you have been victimized so that the police can prevent the perp from victimizing others. It's one thing for her to have alerted the police and had them not respond accordingly. It's another to not alert the police at all so that they could most effectively perform their duty.