Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I think Cockrel has/ will do a workman like job as mayor. He does not have the over all vision that I would like to see but I could see us making incremental positive changes with him in office. I believe he is a honest accountable politican, something we can't take for granted after what we have been though.

I am having serious reservations about Bing at this point. The other day he was down in SW Detroit talking about the dual span for the bridge. This is an issue that affects the residents down there to a great degree and the best answer he could come with is that the dual span would create more jobs [[I could have told them that) but that he had to get back to address their other concerns such as the effect on the areas environment, traffic etc. The man is not prepared. Bing passed on questions about the budget because it said he couldn't get it from the city.

Isn't the budget or at least a general outline on the cities website ?

When a candidate runs for office he should be prepped on the 10 to 15 key issues that affect the citizens of the city. He should talk to as many of the key stakeholders for each of the issues that he can and then develop his talking points or position paper for each issue. There was no reason he should have given such a lame answer to those people in SW Detroit about as something as important to them as that.

On my particular hot button issue I want to how he will transition DPS from a school board governance to a mayorial governance without flooding the city with charter schools.

All in all I question his learning curve and I question if he thinks he is the guy on the white horse riding in to save us from ourselves.

Maybe in the next two debates Bing will give us more than generalities and give me a reason to think he's better than Cockrel, otherwise its Cockrel for me with a hope that Hendricks jumps back in for the general election.
    Last edited by firstandten; April-02-09 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    I believe he is a honest accountable politican, something we can't take for granted after what we have been though.
    Sort of like warm ice or fast snails or tall midgets?

P.S.: When/where are the next two debates?