Quote Originally Posted by PQZ View Post
Not my "group". I haven't lived in the state for 18 months. Call DEGC and ask for the receptionist for the regularly scheduled meetings. They should also have a way for you to be notified.

I understand people being frustrated, but it also is mind boggling how people are unable to look at the enitrety of the picture.

Like it or not, the private market has collapsed in Detroit. The only way anything gets done is with public subsidy. Its a fact, plain and simple. If the arm chair developers are pointing out that this project or the other has been done and the DEGC / DDA doesn't 'get it', they are completely missing the fact that their case study only happened because of the DDA / DEGC. So yes. The DDA gets it. The arm chair mud slingers don't.

That may stick in some people's craw, but I challenge anyone to point out a redevelopment in the downtown that was not assisted by the DDA in some fashion. Just one. Only one.

Excellent posts. Get ready for a lot of responses that deflect from the challenge.