Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 325 of 432 FirstFirst ... 225 275 315 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 335 375 425 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,125 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

graynoodle.......we're burning up [[literally) around this part of SoCal...how're you guys doing down there? The fire jumped the aquaduct 20 miles up North, and they brought in a 747 Supertanker....incredible!! Check out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...hters-die.html

The shots from outer space are crazy!!

Last edited by stnfrnt; August-14-10 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    graynoodle.......we're burning up [[literally) around this part of SoCal...how're you guys doing down there? The fire jumped the aquaduct 20 miles up North, and they brought in a 747 Supertanker....incredible!! Check out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...hters-die.html

The shots from outer space are crazy!!

no fires down here. we've been lucky enough the last couple of years. never had to evacuate, but was within 1 mile of man. evac. last time. had the car packed and dogs ready to leave in a moments notice. its the scariest feeling i've ever felt. theres nothing you can do, but watch it burn. i feel for those people

Hey Tom & Larry stay KOOL.

Hoover is Stillrockin

I found this photo on a friends facebook page ...
    It sure looks like the GW Mansion in the back ground. What do you think...?

Attachment 7050

I just Found the info on this photo, yes this gal took it in 1970 at the GWM as a high school photo project, I will have names and info soon.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this wonderful summer.."In the Summer time"
    Last edited by Isle_of_fun; August-01-10 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isle_of_fun View Post
    I found this photo on a friends facebook page ...
    It sure looks like the GW Mansion in the back ground. What do you think...?

Attachment 7050

I just Found the info on this photo, yes this gal took it in 1970 at the GWM as a high school photo project, I will have names and info soon.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this wonderful summer.."In the Summer time"
    Isle, that's a nice find. Undoubtedly the Gar Wood in the background. Hope you give us additional information about the photo, it's subject and the photographer. "Hot fun in the summer time..........."

Isle......ditto what 1kd said. Thanks.

Hi All
    Does anyone remember a couple who lived near the boatwell - had a child named Spirit?

Uhhh................nope.

Default Info

Lee Elbinger and Barbara had a kid named spirit. I just saw her a few months ago , she is a delight . Regretfully BAbara passed away.
    lee works for the state dept. And is with petraus in the mideast

Uhhh......yup.

so does this mean we've found another Garwoodian? John, can you send me any contact information for them? I'll put them on the list for the next gathering....

Default Good News...

My documentary on postcards is going to be aired on public tv...wtvs has decided to air it with their Michigan Memories and use it for the "Pledge Drive" I have to go in next week and see the terms of use...its great news for me I have worked so hard on this.

Ruth, I know Lee Elbinger and Doug his brother. He is with the state dept and I dont know what the deal is with him...the news about him always comes from a one direction channel. For sure I will work on that and let you know

John......great news about your post card documentary! I figured it was headed for the airwaves.........watch it, folks, there's some really cool stuff in it.

If you don't get WTVS where you live, I've got some bootleg DVDs.....make me an offer. [[PayPal only)

Congratulations John Collier!

Default Pals

If you don't get WTVS where you live, I've got some bootleg DVDs.....make me an offer. [[PayPal only)
    How about a 3 party personal check from outta state ?

Not Arizona......gotta' have pesos from the non-whites out there.

OBSERVATIONS FROM A TREE STUMP IN WHISKEY FLATS

I'm stoked that the same sex marriage ban [[Prop 8 here in CA) was declared unconstitunal [[leave those boys and girls alone!), but I'm afraid that all the fucking gay Mexican illegal aliens are going to come to California for sure now!!

Hey Gash......I just checked your weather for 2:00a.....84* w/69% humidity....feels like 91*.

Stillrockin, highhat, 4string, sug, Natalie, Rocketwhit.....?????

What`s with the frowns Big Guy?

Feel sorry for anybody that was born and grew up North of the Mason-Dixon Line and is living down South right now. I understand it's a wee bit toasty down there.

OBSERVATIONS FROM A TREE STUMP IN WHISKEY FLATS

I'm stoked that the same sex marriage ban [[Prop 8 here in CA) was declared unconstitunal [[leave those boys and girls alone!), but I'm afraid that all the fucking gay Mexican illegal aliens are going to come to California for sure now!!

they are already here

Default Stnfrt

Feel sorry for anybody that was born and grew up North of the Mason-Dixon Line and is living down South right now. I understand it's a wee bit toasty down there.
    Your sympathy comment was appreciated but after 25 years you learn to adapt...
    Do you remember having to use garbage cans to haul fuel for the furnace ? That was the strangest adventure from those times...Too high... laffing and cussin` gettin the job done....thanx for the flashback...

Quote Originally Posted by highhat View Post
    Your sympathy comment was appreciated but after 25 years you learn to adapt...
    Do you remember having to use garbage cans to haul fuel for the furnace ? That was the strangest adventure from those times...Too high... laffing and cussin` gettin the job done....thanx for the flashback...
    No. But I do remember the coal dump truck pulling up in the street and loading coal into a wheelbarrow, then into the chute leading to the coal room in the basement of our house. I was scared of the coal room. This isn't really me telling this story - it's my much older, alter-ego.

Unbelieveable, its been 40 yrs ago,today, Goose Lake International Music Festival