Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
as someone who has explored a lot of these places with a camera i would suggest just sticking to the photography. when i first entered the broderick tower in 2006 i saw rooms in that building that had paint splattered all over them. it wasnt art, it was a vandal who had taken wyland's left over paint and thrown it across the room and all over everything. thats the first thing i was reminded of when viewing your project. i found the painted truck interesting, but everything else is stuff ive seen by countless artists and vandals. there is nothing new here.

i can appreciate wanting to create or depict beauty in a place that many consider to be ugly or desolate. as i photographer i challenge you to do that with your lens, not by adding paint to make a statement.

as for bringing attention to these places for others, i think you are a little late to that party. detroit's ruins have been well documented and have gotten more than enough attention. i started exploring back in 2005 before things exploded when it was a small community of people who knew how to enter these places. our motto was always 'take only pictures, leave only footprints' and im proud to say that we never broke into these places and certainly werent destructive. by 2008 exploring had become so popular that i lost interest in it altogether. when suburban soccer moms are starting to get into places thats the time to get out...

oh and if you want to see how to take an abandoned factory and make it a place for art, look to the fisher body plant and the pyramid of wood blocks that were laid out. now thats creating something without being destructive, to me that was creativity at its best.
still everything you just said is illegal. plain and simple. taking pictures of abandoned buildings is extremely overdone. thats why its not exactly what im donig.