Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    This is good news. The most beautiful apartment I've ever been in was in the Palmer Park area. I was visiting a friend who was living with her grandparents. It was like something you see in New York -- many bedrooms, dumbwaiter, servant's quarters, quiet and spacious.

One of the people in academia I admire the most is moving to Detroit this summer -- her husband is opening his office [[can't recall what he does), and she is opening her offices in TechTown. Once she moves in, I'll start a thread about her nonprofit. It shocked my socks off.

Of course, one person does not a trend make. But the creative class is starting to look at Detroit differently. It won't happen right now, but in 20-25 years, with a light rail scenario, I could see the PP area becoming very exclusive again.
    Sounds like 1001 Covington. I lived in PP in the 80s and 1001 was the most beautiful apartment I'd ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by trotwood View Post
    Sounds like 1001 Covington. I lived in PP in the 80s and 1001 was the most beautiful apartment I'd ever seen.
    Trotwood knows his apartments. 1001 Covington, aka The Walbri, is one of the most beautiful apartment buildings in Detroit. It was designed by Albert Kahn in the '20s and contains only 16 very large apartments. Several years ago it was converted to condos. If you go to their web site, make sure to take a look at the floor plans of the units. The individual apartments compare to those in Indian Village Manor.

http://www.1001covington.com/

^^^^1001 Covington/The Walbri made a huge impression on me Neilr lol. The first time I stepped foot in one of the units my mouth dropped&I couldn't stop saying the word WOW!
    Gorgeous is an understament. People throw the word jewel around a lot when talking about Detroit locations. For my money The Walbri should be added to the list of Detroit's jewels! It's a real gem.