Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Econ, the first time I rode that elevator thing it was crazy[[ like jump rope) I had to wait till the right moment. When I got used to it that was the only way I traveled through the floors. I remember pulling the used cars in and out with no problems. long story short I had Mr. Dalgliesh brand new Cadillac DTS to detail. I had no problem pulling in all the other cars, but that one day I had his car and I nicked it. Cleaned the car and everything, had it gleaming. I told Keith and he told me don't worry about it. They shot it up to the body shop and fixed it quick[[small nick he wouldn't of noticed). It was just a good family that owned the dealership. Good times. One of the many reasons I love Detroit. It's just crazy how many people got a bad deal out of the auto industry down size. Me working there showed that alot of good people lost alot, and not just the dealerships. I have a better job, but I really did like working for Dalgleish. I got alot of stories that's just one.

Quote Originally Posted by bragaboutme View Post
    Econ, the first time I rode that elevator thing it was crazy[[ like jump rope) I had to wait till the right moment. When I got used to it that was the only way I traveled through the floors. I remember pulling the used cars in and out with no problems. long story short I had Mr. Dalgliesh brand new Cadillac DTS to detail. I had no problem pulling in all the other cars, but that one day I had his car and I nicked it. Cleaned the car and everything, had it gleaming. I told Keith and he told me don't worry about it. They shot it up to the body shop and fixed it quick[[small nick he wouldn't of noticed). It was just a good family that owned the dealership. Good times. One of the many reasons I love Detroit. It's just crazy how many people got a bad deal out of the auto industry down size. Me working there showed that alot of good people lost alot, and not just the dealerships. I have a better job, but I really did like working for Dalgleish. I got alot of stories that's just one.
    That building was full of so many stories. History. Gone. But I suspect they had the offer from WSU on the table for the building for awhile. I heard the franchises were not to be pulled until later this year. And now, too little, too late, GM is reconsidering some of the rejected appeals.

I only met Charley Dalgleish, he was popular with the employees.

Aha! So it was not an exaggerated memory of mine, that 'elevator'. I tried to describe it in other posts awhile ago.