Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Lets not confuse the facts. Mike is not running much directly anymore. When we say the "Ilitchs" that means the kids these days. Comparing Dan to the kids is first generation to the second. Almost always there is a very big difference. I am willing to let one of the kids prove me wrong but it hasn't happened yet that's for sure, they have as big of a cloud of mystery as the old man. That is not how Dan operates fortunately. If I where one of the kids, I would be embarrassed to be in the same room as Dan Gilbert let alone standing anywhere near him.
    If by Ilitches we mean the kids and by the kids we mean 'Chris'.

Chris heads up Ilitch Holdings, I believe.

There must be interesting discussions between Mike, Mariam and Chris on spending hundreds of millions of dollars... [[tens of millions on individual development projects like the new office building next to the Fox and new housing/parking deck by Comerica).

Hopefully this has all been agreed to and simply up to Chris to 'make it happen', executing a plan which has agreed for years now [[I assume the plans are at least a few years old and only finalized in the last year or two).

My gut is that the completion of work near Comerica [[e.g., office building, apartments, parking deck) was awaiting the completion of a 'master plan' which includes the new arena or was 'folded into' that 650M plan.
    Last edited by emu steve; June-09-15 at 02:54 AM.