Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: 97.1 The Ticket

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Don't know if there is an Asshat award for dumb posts, but I think we have a nominee.
    Sarcasm. It's an awesome thing.

Occurence says that we'd be better off if the Pistons move out of town, the NBA sucks and nobody cares about our proud franchise and it's history and I'm the asshat? I'm cool with that. Asshat must mean awesome, hilarious dude on the board.

And if you look at the ratings across the nation people apparently let out a collective yawn when hockey is on TV. I don't like it but again, I don't want them to move out of town. And yes playing a game on ice is pretty gimmicky.

Quote Originally Posted by Enduro View Post
    Sarcasm. It's an awesome thing.

Occurence says that we'd be better off if the Pistons move out of town, the NBA sucks and nobody cares about our proud franchise and it's history and I'm the asshat? I'm cool with that. Asshat must mean awesome, hilarious dude on the board.

And if you look at the ratings across the nation people apparently let out a collective yawn when hockey is on TV. I don't like it but again, I don't want them to move out of town. And yes playing a game on ice is pretty gimmicky.
    This year's average through the first six home games is all the way down to 11,170, half of capacity.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10823657

Yeah, pretty popular isn't it? For you to redraw the discussion from a local standpoint to a national popularity contest is, well...... I guess gimmicky. Why don't you include all of North America with your superlative pissing contest? Read the article and you might find that the Pistons moving out of town is not that far fetched as well. But I figure you won't, so whatever.

Tell you what, any sport that needs 15 minutes to finalize the last 15 seconds on the game clock is a gimmick AT BEST! You wanna talk about yawns? And the almost canceled the season. I guess the Piston's mgmt. decided to bank on the entire season being canceled, but had to slop together a team when they realized their gamble was a bust. I call the NBA a boring joke. An April Fools sport.

Sorry the pistons suck. It was nice when they were competitive. But they shouldn't bump the World Class Red Wings onto AM or the crappy non high-def FSN+. Not now. Probably not ever. We need to pay respect to an organization that has shown it operates at a higher level of excellence than its league wide opponents and outperforms its hometown sports teams on a regular year in year out basis.

It's called "being good" and the Pistons are not that right now.

Enduro said:

And the Wings do not sell out every night but that's likely due to the terrible scheduling of the NHL.
    LOL! What are you even trying to say? Typo?