Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Whiteboy Ricks buried Millions ?

Is there any truth to the old story that whiteboy rick wershe buried millions of dollars before being sent to prision ? Didnt he hide is drugs the same way ? Maybe its really out there.

I ain't tellin'.

Us Rick's have to hang together, so, sorry, nothing happening here, move on. ;-)

The Dude Guest

I had a dream they made a movie about White Boy Rick. The world premiere was at the Fox and Kid Rock was there in a "super fly" coat. Or does that seem far-fetched?

I almost bought a car off his dad- their both slime & I wouldn't trust a single thing either of them said.

/Florida flood car - ugh

Doesn't Kid Rock's dad, own Marty Feldman Chevrolet in Novi? Or is this suppose to be a secret?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Doesn't Kid Rock's dad, own Marty Feldman Chevrolet in Novi? Or is this suppose to be a secret?
    Well, this gets off topic for a moment- White Boy Rick was a drug dealer, Kid Rock in music...

Anyways, its no secret Kid Rock's dad was a car dealer. Bill Ritchie used to own [[part of) Crest Lincoln Mercury on Van Dyke. Another owner of that dealership- Paul Alandt is married to Benson Ford's daughter- Lynn.
    Bill Ritchie used to be active with NADA and the NAIAS. Thought he sold out and retired. He might have invested in other dealers like Marty Feldman, who knows?
    Last edited by econ expat; March-25-10 at 07:42 AM.

Marty Feldman?

It's under the big D.
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; March-25-10 at 03:56 PM.

Check with R.S. Harper, he did the Mercedes casket.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Check with R.S. Harper, he did the Mercedes casket.
    Ahh, but that was the late Maserati Rick. Gotta keep you're drug-dealing Rick's straight...

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post

If I remember correctly Marty Feldman, Jay Chevrolet and Liberty Chevrolet are all owned by the same corporation. Not sure if Kid Rock's father is involved.

Why is this guy callled "whiteboy Ricks"? If he was black and you called him blackboy ricks, there would be a huge uproar. I guess its that damn double standard again. Or is his first name Whiteboy? What makes it so important that everyone know hes a "white boy"? Just sayin.......

Quote Originally Posted by exmotowner View Post
    Why is this guy callled "whiteboy Ricks"? If he was black and you called him blackboy ricks, there would be a huge uproar. I guess its that damn double standard again. Or is his first name Whiteboy? What makes it so important that everyone know hes a "white boy"? Just sayin.......

Either you're not serious or you're not from around here...

White boy Rick Wershe, lived on Park Drive, Harper and Conner area

Quote Originally Posted by bdglsmn View Post
    Either you're not serious or you're not from around here...
    I am from there, but havent lived there in 25 years. No I dont know who this Ricks guy is. I was just sayin though.....

hmm... I'm surprised that WB-Rick hasn't inspired some straight to dvd biopic yet.. i'm thinking he'd make a good topic for BET's 'American Gangster' series, but that show's not actively producing anymore, just showing reruns now..

Quote Originally Posted by exmotowner View Post
    I am from there, but havent lived there in 25 years. No I dont know who this Ricks guy is. I was just sayin though.....
    Your "just sayin" sounds more like a rant than a real issue. But since you asked, I'll explain why he was named something that he accepted.

White Boy Rick was a young white kid that was in the drug game in Detroit during the 80's. If I do recall both him and his father were both busted in a big drug bust that included several blacks. He was called White Boy Rick because as most of us know, Detroit is a black majority city and at that time it was unheard of white kids selling and dealing dope in the inner city that was for the majority, known or labeled as a black thing. To a degree that's understandable seeing that most of the drug dealers in the city were/are black. Well, the ones that get caught.

Dealers getting nick names like this is nothing new. He's not the only guy with a name that seem racist or offensive to you. They do the same thing here on the west coast. Hispanics that are in the black gangs have a stereotype name and the same applies to blacks that are in the Hispanic games. Anyways, crying over what the guy's nick name is melodramatic. Cry over all of the drugs that he was selling to addicts like most dealers do.

Btw, he was one of the biggest to get caught in the game.

Great explanation, Dove-7. I believe he came up for parole a couple of years ago. Denied, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    Great explanation, Dove-7. I believe he came up for parole a couple of years ago. Denied, of course.
    Yes, I just read up on that. I hadn't heard about him since that bust. I remember when that happened, but ironically I brought his name up last year in another forum to make a point about stereotypes, myths and misconceptions.

Btw, those name have been going on since the 70's and perhaps longer.

Thanks for the explination Dove-7. Now I do understand.

All these urban agriculture groups are just a front. They are really just digging for White boy Rick's buried millions.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
    All these urban agriculture groups are just a front. They are really just digging for White boy Rick's buried millions.
    ...and now we know the REAL reason why Bing wants to "right-size" the City. It's all coming together.

This turned up on wiki answers

Friday, March 25, 2005

Inmate charged in theft ring

Detroit drug dealer from prison helped steal hundreds of vehicles in Florida, authorities say.

By David Shepardson / The Detroit News

DETROIT -- An imprisoned Detroit drug dealer was an active participant in a group that stole $8 million worth of vehicles in south Florida while he was behind bars, Florida authorities said Thursday.

Richard Wershe Jr., who as a teenage drug dealer during the 1980s in Detroit was widely known as White Boy Rick, was charged by state authorities in Florida with being part of a network that stole hundreds of vehicles.

He is serving a life term following his arrest and conviction on drug trafficking charges in 1988 at age 17.

Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist said the arrests of six people -- including Wershe -- capped a probe called "Operation Road Runner."

Three Miami men were charged, along with a Virginia man and another man held in a federal prison, Lorenzo Nichols Jr., with stealing more than 250 vehicles and then selling them with altered vehicle identification numbers.

About 120 of the vehicles, worth $3.5 million, have been recovered.

Wershe and Nichols are accused of using attorney-client telephone lines within the federal prisons, which by law cannot be monitored by prison authorities without a federal court order.

They used the phones "as a point of transfer for three-way calls to further their criminal enterprise," Crist said in a statement.

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy praised the arrests.

"This case shows the collaborative efforts between law enforcement can produce impressive results," Worthy said in a statement. "We must be vigilant in attacking crime that occurs inside and outside of prison walls."

County prosecutors fought to keep Wershe in the federal prison, where he is being held, during a 2003 at a parole hearing.

In 1991, he was moved to a federal prison in Marquette after he began cooperating with federal agents.

Wershe also was the key to one of the FBI's most significant local police drug corruption cases in which nearly a dozen police officers, including three on then-Detroit Police Chief William Hart's staff, were convicted in 1992, agents told The Detroit News in 2003.

Wershe's cooperation continued in prison. He was instrumental in preventing a homicide in a murder-for-hire plot, and in 1995 provided information about another plot by one organized crime group planning the murder of another nationally known crime figure, agents said.

In 2003 parole hearing, his friend, musician Kid Rock, an FBI agent and two retired FBI agents asked the state parole board to release Wershe.

The FBI agents cited Wershe's extensive help in prosecuting some of Detroit's most vicious drug gangs and a Detroit police corruption case.

It was opposed by Detroit police and federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents who blamed Wershe for some of the city's problems with crime today.

Wershe was 17 when he was arrested in 1988 for possession with intent to deliver about 1.5 pounds of cocaine. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole.

A change in the state's drug-sentencing law in late 2004 left Wershe, now 35, eligible for parole. The parole board unanimously rejected the request. He can reapply in 2007.

You can look him up on Offender Tracking Information System [[OTIS) and see his current picture mugshot in prison. Been locked up for over twenty years and I think he deserves parole. You have rapists and killers that get parole, but Rick Wershe was just a drug dealer who, if released, wouldn't sell drugs ever again simply because of the fact that everyone would be watching his every move! He deserves another chance at life....FREE WHITE BOY RICK

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast