Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

A little from Column A and a little from Column B.

These people seem to be the "I don't give a f***" type of hood rats that quickly degrade everything they touch. I am saddened to hear a baby died in that trap house, and I am sure lots of animals get better care than that child did.

All that said, this is what our society increasingly produces. When children are not fed wholesome meals, correctly educated, and provided with real future opportunities, this is what you get. Whatever our national mythology says, people do not "pull themselves up by their bootstraps." People need to be invested in so they don't become hood rats. Or else you're just shutting people out of society and then blaming them for being outlaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Whatever our national mythology says, people do not "pull themselves up by their bootstraps." People need to be invested in so they don't become hood rats. Or else you're just shutting people out of society and then blaming them for being outlaws.
    Glad you called this mythology because the truth is, especially these days, many people don't even have boots to pull them up by the straps.