Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
Before the homeless flogging continues, I've witnessed on MANY occasions, young, educated, white, males AND females, sports fans, drunken partyers, whizzing freely on the streets of Detroit. This smell being discussed being particular to Midtown, "where the action is", leads me to believe that's exactly what's going on. I've witnessed it in Joe Louis parking, after hockey games. "Hey, it's a long ride home, and I gotta go". "After all, this is DETROIT, MF'er!" So, the question is, where does the City's obligation stop, and the drinker's responsibility begin? I know people that work in clubs and restaurants in the Midtown area, and they complain about hordes of people coming in, using and messing up the "washrooms", not spending a nickel, then moving on. Are the owners and employees responsible to take care of these people and clean up after them? You have to deal with the mess a few times to understand why washrooms are locked, or signs posted "For Customers ONLY!" Ok then, Let the rock throwing begin.
funny thing is, I've witnessed this in almost every city I've been to where there are drunk people of any color. People stop exaggerating. If you don't like midtown, fine, don't go....problem solved. but its no cesspool