Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by firstandten View Post
    Watch them against the Pacers, they are not very good, its going to be a long [[lock out shorten) season.

We'd best be prepared to hunker down to some re-building here. Tom Gores had better be a patient man as should us fans. An opening night shooting percentage of 36% does not bode well for these guys. I also saw that the Pistons looked vastly undermanned underneath the net when it came time for rebounding. We can only hope that somehow Brandon Knight catches fire, swings up the learning curve and can do something to ignite this team.

It's a mediocre product at best right now. And in the light of the Lions making the playoffs, the Red Wings being perennial contenders, and the Tigers doing well- this Pistons team is going to be the red-headed step child for awhile.

Personally I'm thankful it's going to be a shortened season. Hell, if they would've stayed locked out a little longer it wouldn't have hurt this team that much at all in the long run. The quicker we can muddle through this season, the quicker we can hope for a lucky ping pong ball to bounce our way in next year's draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    We'd best be prepared to hunker down to some re-building here. Tom Gores had better be a patient man as should us fans. An opening night shooting percentage of 36% does not bode well for these guys. I also saw that the Pistons looked vastly undermanned underneath the net when it came time for rebounding. We can only hope that somehow Brandon Knight catches fire, swings up the learning curve and can do something to ignite this team.

It's a mediocre product at best right now. And in the light of the Lions making the playoffs, the Red Wings being perennial contenders, and the Tigers doing well- this Pistons team is going to be the red-headed step child for awhile.

Personally I'm thankful it's going to be a shortened season. Hell, if they would've stayed locked out a little longer it wouldn't have hurt this team that much at all in the long run. The quicker we can muddle through this season, the quicker we can hope for a lucky ping pong ball to bounce our way in next year's draft.
    You are so correct ! If you watched the x-mas days games, then watch the Pistons the next day you can tell rather quickly that the Pistons lack height and overall talent. A few years of management neglect will do that to a team. Now with the new ownership in place I have confidence that Dumars
    will be given the time and resources to turn it around. We just may need to deal with a few lean years before that happens
    Last edited by firstandten; December-27-11 at 09:44 AM.