Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Being Jewish this really bothers me
    BUT
    Being American I accept the right to free speech etc.
    I agree with all you said 100% Richard!
    Just because we do not agree with or like what someone else says/believes we have to let them. The right to free speech is a big part of what makes America the country it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It would be nice to remove all the things from society that we find offensive.

Henry Ford and other American companies provided Germany with the funding and chemicals in order to wage war in the first place,it is highly unlikely that the Battle of Britain would have never been possible at that point in time had not U.S. companies provided the chemicals needed for the airplane fuel.

So do we now get to ban Fords?

JP Morgan/Chase diverted the funds from our economy while throwing it into a depression in order to fund Germanys war,they had neither the funding or technology to do anything,Hitler was a impotent little thug until U.S. interests gave him the power to unleash evil on the world.

Dont see anybody calling to demolish Chase banks.

The requirement for flying the American flag is if another flag of origin is flown the American flag must be flown above it.

Where I am at it is not uncommon to see flags of all nationalities being flown in there own,including some from countries that I do not approve of,but that does not trump their right to fly them.

It does not matter how offensive we find something personally,in this country we do not get to pick and choose who and what we favor unless we are willing to give up the same rights and protections.

When you start going down that rabbit hole it is easy to get lost in it as a never ending quest.

If we are banning things we find not in good taste,can we start with the current fad of the pants that women wear that look like they are painted on and show every crack n crevice ?

Germany still retains the flac towers that shot down American bombers and cost thousands of service men their lives,do they not represent evil.

We drive Japanese cars,they also did some pretty evil things.

Hitler and other evil dictators came to power because they wanted the sole ability to pick and choose who deserves what rights as individuals they received,if the guy wants to fly a Nazi flag with that intent,let him,because if we force him to remove it,we become no different then what that flag represents in that context.

When I see those flags,it reminds me of the evil man produces on society and pushes me to fight against it so history does not repeat itself,people need to see that and be reminded so they do not forget,you cannot erase that from the minds of future generations,they need to see it.

Out of site,out of mind does not apply to something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvins View Post
    Being Jewish this really bothers me
    BUT
    Being American I accept the right to free speech etc.
    Agreed. Being Polish and Lithuanian it really bothers me. Having grown up in Hamtramck it really bothers me. Regarding free speech Noam Chomsky, perhaps the most intelligent earthling, agrees with you.
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; January-22-23 at 10:04 PM.