Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    DC48080 is just a troll, whether he realizes it or not.
    I figured as much. Yet I keep trying to engage people. Anyway, I know why you blow your top, and perhaps it's for the best. I do get tired of explaining Urban Planning 101 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I figured as much. Yet I keep trying to engage people. Anyway, I know why you blow your top, and perhaps it's for the best. I do get tired of explaining Urban Planning 101 every day.
    The scariest part about it is that his thinking seems pretty much in line with the people who run the region. It's like they've never seen how a functioning city operates.

Bearinabox Guest

This. Exactly this.

The reason that the thinking espoused by DC48080 is so maddening, is because Detroit has PRECISELY been following his prescription for "success" for 65 years. He acts like it's some new, ingenious idea: Make people drive everywhere, provide dirt-cheap parking everywhere, demolish buildings if necessary.

Has it worked??? Of course not. Yet he'll prescribe more of the same because he can't think outside of his little box of self-interest. It's not any different than how Republicans at the state and national levels have trumpeted tax cuts as the solution to every problem in the past 30 years.

Sometimes, you just get tired of banging your head against the wall. After a while, some of us will decide to try another tack. The Complacent Remainder, like DC48080, will keep banging their head on the wall simply because they don't know how to do anything else.