Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I just called Council President Pugh's office and got voicemail. I left a strongly worded message experessing my outrage that this could have been approved by council, and if not, can they intervene. Next, I called Council Member Cockrel's office and got a staffperson that took 20 minutes with me to understand the location of the "tube" and the negative impact this will have on the area. He was quite sympathetic and said, to the best of his ability, he would bring this to the councilman's attention [[something about some other fiscal issues on his plate, also). According to this staffer, he couldn't remember this coming to council for approval. That's all the time I have for phone calls today, but if anybody else wants to bend the ear of other council members, their phone numbers are here: http://www.detroitmi.gov/CityCouncil.aspx
    I also sent an email to Mr. Pugh.

Quote Originally Posted by AGinthe313 View Post
    I also sent an email to Mr. Pugh.
    I have as well. Hopefully he listens to what the emails have to say and hopefully enough people will complain so that the council will reconsider their decision.