Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Brock7 View Post
    The information for the Peter Huis family in the 1940 census is split over two pages of ED 84-810 [[20 images):
    Image 6 [[Roll 1864 Frame 439) and Image7 [[Roll 1864 Frame 440)

In the 1940 census all of the family - Peter Sr., Janet Sr., Peter Jr. and Janet Jr. were living at 9717 Yellowstone.
    In late April of 1942 Peter Sr. was still living at 9717 Yellowstone, but Peter Jr. was living at 16551 Lauder.

The main point of checking the 1940 census is just to see if Peter Jr. may have been married and had any children that were named by that time.

I can't think of any information the municipality would have that would help. I did search the Wayne County land records that are accessible on-line which only date back to 1960 and there were no deeds involving anyone with the last name of Huis.

I don't see anyone named Huis with an appropriate birth date for any of them on the listings I can find from the Social Security death index.
    Check out this entry on ZabaSearch.com for Peter J. HOUSE, age 88, living in Florida. Here's another Florida address for the same person. He's the same age as Peter Jr. would be and he has the correct middle initial and the anglicized HUIS surname. Click here and scroll down to find both addresses with his age next to his name.

What do you think - could this be him living the retired life in Florida?
    Last edited by Mikeg; April-11-12 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    Check out this entry on ZabaSearch.com for Peter J. HOUSE, age 88, living in Florida. Here's another Florida address for the same person. He's the same age as Peter Jr. would be and he has the correct middle initial and the anglicized HUIS surname. Click here and scroll down to find both addresses with his age next to his name.

What do you think - could this be him living the retired life in Florida?
    It certainly can be Peter Jr. I give it a try today and will contact him. If I remember the international number for the US is 001 as a prefix to the rest of the telephone number on Zaba?

Quote Originally Posted by Peterberg View Post
    It certainly can be Peter Jr. I give it a try today and will contact him. If I remember the international number for the US is 001 as a prefix to the rest of the telephone number on Zaba?
    To call the USA from the Netherlands, dial 00 + 1 + City Area Code + Number.

It is not clear which of the two Florida addresses and phone numbers for Mr. House is the most recent.

For this address, dial 00 1 904 724 8316

For the other address, dial 00 1 904 725 1097

I just tried them both; The first is disconnected and the 2nd had an answering machine for which I left a message to call me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    To call the USA from the Netherlands, dial 00 + 1 + City Area Code + Number.

It is not clear which of the two Florida addresses and phone numbers for Mr. House is the most recent.

For this address, dial 00 1 904 724 8316

For the other address, dial 00 1 904 725 1097
    I called again twice today and I got a result from the 2nd number.

There is a Peter house living there and his father was also a Peter House. However his grandfather was a Gordon House. So no luck. But anyway
    thanks for the info!!