Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by detmsp View Post
    I hate to say it, but he might be the best choice [[at least compared to Bing and Crittendon). I know all about the corruption and ties to McNamara... but at least the McNamara machine got things done. Look at the airport... lots of corruption and no-bid contracts, but a world class airport got built. Our city govt is already rife with corruption and is completely incompetent. I'd trade that for a govt that is still rife with corruption but also accomplishes things.
    The KKK, [[King Kwame Killpatrick), accomplished cleaning out the City's bank account, lining his pockets, leaving the City broke. I'm not sure there's enough left to go around.

He's currently who I'll vote for if I'm still here. I also think the will Detroit elect a white candidate is so so so not an issue.

However since it would be disengenuous to just pretend like race wouldn't be a huge issue in his campaign...

I think a white leader would be good for Detroit. Not that he's any more capable than a black man, and that previous sentence hurt me a little to even type. But for some outsiders to both the actual city and the region, I think it would instantly change some people's perception of Detroit.

On a more positive note, the by districts council should be huge, and more representative too. Mexican hispanic or black it really doesn't matter to me. We could also do with a wider range of careers on the council. We need community/ethnic activists, engineers, doctors, lawyers, machinists/carpenters/journeyman. We need a diverse mix of viewpoints brought to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The KKK, [[King Kwame Killpatrick), accomplished cleaning out the City's bank account, lining his pockets, leaving the City broke. I'm not sure there's enough left to go around.
    Is one of his federal charges embezzlement?