Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Wikipedia's List of epidemics leads to information about the economic aftermath of previous pandemics. Surprisingly, in general, economies improved for most people. There's a theory that the Black Death led to the Renaissance.

One major difference this time is that the internet allowed some work to continue more or less normally throughout the pandemic.

Little did we know how crucial the internet would become.
    Last edited by Jimaz; January-02-21 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Wikipedia's List of epidemics leads to information about the economic aftermath of previous pandemics. Surprisingly, in general, economies improved for most people. There's a theory that the Black Death lead to the Renaissance.
    Haven't yet had a chance to read your links but others have argued that the "Roaring '20" was at least in part a response to the Flu pandemic during 1917/18.

I don't yet know of any convincing evidence, but in the realm of economics I'm not sure that exists.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    ... others have argued that the "Roaring '20" was at least in part a response to the Flu pandemic during 1917/18....
    Then the Roaring 20s led to the Great Depression like a yoyo.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    ... I don't yet know of any convincing evidence, but in the realm of economics I'm not sure that exists.
    That is so true.