Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default DetroitYES Member Check In

Worried about a couple of contributors who have been absent. Any news about Gazhekwe or Tponetom? Thought this thread might be useful for those returning after an absence, or for anyone with news about absent posters.

Or Eriedearie? Old Redfordette? Hello to you if you are out there. Happy Holidays and all that.

have been thinking about eriedearie too. hasn't had a post since 2011.

I've been MIA for over a month, did anyone notice? I was wondering about Gazhekwe too.

Happy Holidays to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I've been MIA for over a month, did anyone notice? I was wondering about Gazhekwe too.

Happy Holidays to all.
    I did. People come and go, come back, fade off again, then reappear another day. It's the nature of forum discussions. My only hope is that absence isn't for bad fortune.

Peace on earth and good will to all!

What about Jjaba?

Bobi, Maof, Carolcb, et al:
    For the past year or so, my efforts to employ myself always require me to dig out my play name, tponetom, and the other thing followlng it. That other thing disappeared. It is something like 123abc?????

Made our day hearing from you, Tom!

Good to hear from you Tom!....Merry Christmas to you sir.

Thanks for checkin' in Tom!

I'm still around, sorry I have not checked in lately. A lot has been going on with the Seventh Fire Prophecy. We have all been praying to choose the path toward Unity, Peace and a Healthy Planet for our future generations.

I wish for everyone a healthy, happy and peaceful New Year, and may we all open our hearts to each other.

The Thunders are working! Name:  Thunder snow Standing Rock Xmas 2016.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  94.4 KB

I am happy to hear from you, too, Tom! Was thinking about making Iron Ore Stew last week when we were in the Deep Freeze!

Good to see you are still with us, gazhekwe!

Glad to hear from all. By the way, I happened to bring up my profile posting on DetroitYes just a few minutes ago, and was surprised that I never really filled it in. Take a look now for a chuckle or two; freshly updated.

I am back home in California but keeping tabs on Detroit and and particularly Detroit Yes. Seven months without a coney [[Lafayette fan) or a bowl of chicken lemon rice but Spencer's Market does carry Vernors.

Stay safe folks!

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    I'm still around, sorry I have not checked in lately. A lot has been going on with the Seventh Fire Prophecy. We have all been praying to choose the path toward Unity, Peace and a Healthy Planet for our future generations.

I wish for everyone a healthy, happy and peaceful New Year, and may we all open our hearts to each other.

The Thunders are working! Name:  Thunder snow Standing Rock Xmas 2016.jpg
Views: 640
Size:  94.4 KB
    Thank you for your efforts.

Let's hope the right paths are the ones chosen, and let's not forget to thank God for the bridges that carry us across.

Hello all. Sad to report that Eriedearie passed away November 24, 2016

Thanks for letting us know! This is just too sad.

RIP, Eriedearie!!

That is sad news, it hurts just as much as if it were yesterday. So many good forum friends, may we all meet up in the great bye and bye.

It is all very sad, just like ItsJeff, Django , Monahan and many others. I can't believe how many years I have known some of the fine folks I've met on here, and it is always so nice to see them again when I run into them inadvertently at some random event. We were all much more "tangible" [[Gannonism) then because we actually DID stuff together outside of the forum, with Kathleen at the helm always organizing great social events. We were also more civil because we actually knew each other as human beings rather than some oblique persona on a forum thread. Sad to hear of ED's passing.

Quote Originally Posted by cub View Post
    Hello all. Sad to report that Eriedearie passed away November 24, 2016
    very sorry to hear that. she was a favorite of mine.

Sorry to hear about EireDearie. Reading the thread above, and to answer a couple of inquiries, jjaba is fine and as sassy as ever per an email exchange a couple of months ago. Oldredforette is good too and "waving the the red flag" as usual at left-leaning demonstrations as I see her on Facebook.

I'm still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Sorry to hear about EireDearie. Reading the thread above, and to answer a couple of inquiries, jjaba is fine and as sassy as ever per an email exchange a couple of months ago. Oldredforette is good too and "waving the the red flag" as usual at left-leaning demonstrations as I see her on Facebook.
    Just reading this and good to know Oldredfordette is AOK.