Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Good memories. I don't recognize you from your screen name, but then that's why we have screen names.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    I was one of those guys and girls around that burn barrel on cold October, November days and nights.
    It sat at the front gate of the Victor ave Sears warehouse.

During this time I met a young Lowell.

I was a young union radical in them days. Influenced by Hal Stack of Wayne State Labor Studies, Ken Paff of the Teamsters for a Democratic Union and a Election for Local 243 Slate of officers headed by none other than

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Good memories. I don't recognize you from your screen name, but then that's why we have screen names.
    I was a Sears Service Tech and I know you were with Signal Delivery am I correct?

Sears was farming out the Maintenance Agreement work. A whole department of mostly women was eliminated. The rest was just for
    ”mo money”.

I remember the strike vote where approximately 15-20%. of the membership took the rest out on strike.
    The Teamsters really didn’t encourage strikes and a rowdy few threw a curveball at Coy and Esser.

Signal Delivery was a casualty of that vote, right?
    Was Signal 243? I remember Signal was not part of the vote to strike.
    Edit: I reread earlier posts where you answered those questions.

Okay, let me ask this since Signal did not vote to strike and the warehouse was shut down, were you layed off?

I’ll see if I can dig up a picture…
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; September-18-23 at 12:19 PM.