LD,

Tall horse you're riding there.

My initial comment was not anything but straight ahead. I do feel as if this art of self-expression has largely faded, few are willing to give up everything for a cause.

Certainly, it would be easier for an octogenarian who's used up every one of her approaches to influencing other's behavior to not only ATTEMPT, but I daresay largely succeed with this immolation. I am sure she could see the end of her trajectory in this incarnation, and did this desperate thing as a last-ditch effort at making a difference.

I'm sure you've noticed in the past a tendency for other mere humans to fall to humor when they encounter something beyond their capacity to fathom. Get OFF that high horse and come visit us down here at ground level...when you think us beneath you, your capacity for empathy and/or sympathy is diminished towards the vanishing point.

I am still trying to grasp how I feel about this woman who decided to end her own life in protest over others ending OTHERS lives. Logically, that is a total mess. I am NOT going to immediately raise her up as a hero, since I'm NOT sure I want youngsters to find torching themselves suddenly vogue.

Sincerely,
John