Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Nice to see the lot coverage at least promised. Woodward will have a nice enclosed feel if it all happens, in part because of what will happen with the bridge, as Dawg points out. That said, I don't think the proposed apartment buildings next to Comerica reach an appropriate height. They could be triple what's being shown.

Who owns the empty parking lot beyond rightfield? Between Adams and Madison? That needs to be our wrigleyville [[asap). The rendering in the screenshot has something built on it [[also not tall enough). Is it Ilitch?

Has anyone ever taken the Tigers post-game survey [[they email it to you the day after the game if you purchase tickets online or on stubhub)? It asks about parking and your "sense of security upon leaving" about 10 times. I find it hilarious and so indicative of Olympia's priorities heretofore. I told them to stop asking about parking, in response. Haha.
    Last edited by Mackinaw; June-29-15 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
    Who owns the empty parking lot beyond rightfield? Between Adams and Madison? That needs to be our wrigleyville [[asap). The rendering in the screenshot has something built on it [[also not tall enough). Is it Ilitch?
    Unless I'm wrong, that is the building [[don't know if residential/commercial) with Wrigley-style seating on top that they promised to build... I believe I see it in the model behind sections 103 - 105. Isn't that surface parking now??
    Last edited by emu steve; June-29-15 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Unless I'm wrong, that is the building [[don't know if residential/commercial) with Wrigley-style seating on top that they promised to build... I believe I see it in the model behind sections 103 - 105. Isn't that surface parking now??
    That building seems to be specifically positioned to be able to look directly into the ballpark, which is kind of a no brainer and long overdue. There also looks to be another building on that block fronting GCP, which is good to see, although the frontage along Madison still looks to be empty.

Quote Originally Posted by CrashDummy View Post
    That building seems to be specifically positioned to be able to look directly into the ballpark, which is kind of a no brainer and long overdue. There also looks to be another building on that block fronting GCP, which is good to see, although the frontage along Madison still looks to be empty.
    Yes, the Google maps shows a building at the corner of Madison / John R. Don't know what the building is.

BTW, I agree that all of these [[3, if I count right) buildings could have/should have been built independent of the arena project.