Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

If it was by a friend/relative, how did that person get back to Grosse Pointe? The car was left near 7 Mile and Hoover. It would be a long walk back to Grosse Pointe and you can't drive two cars.

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    If it was by a friend/relative, how did that person get back to Grosse Pointe? The car was left near 7 Mile and Hoover. It would be a long walk back to Grosse Pointe and you can't drive two cars.
    For whatever reason, which has been discussed here at length numerous times, people seem to hate the idea of public transportation here in Metro Detroit. But I'm sure if someone tried really hard they could come up with a way to get home without the use of their own automobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    For whatever reason, which has been discussed here at length numerous times, people seem to hate the idea of public transportation here in Metro Detroit. But I'm sure if someone tried really hard they could come up with a way to get home without the use of their own automobile.
    Since this is where this thread is going, lets cut the crap. She was not killed by her husband and then he rode the bus home. a) there is no fucking way he did this and it's disgusting to read that being implied; and b) Have you seen Bob Bashara? [[for reference he's about 6'3" 250-ish) not exactly a small guy or someone that would blend into the crowd at the bus stop at 7 mile and hoover.

He'd stand out like a sore thumb in that neighborhood at any time of day, let alone late in the evening or early in the a.m. Are you seriously trying to say that a local or the bus driver would not remember the oddly behaving, somewhat large, out of place middle aged white guy standing on line for the bus....and that he got off in or near Grosse Pointe....and that there was a GP lady found dead in her merecedes right around where that guy got on the bus?

I mean holy shit, people.
    Last edited by bailey; January-26-12 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Since this is where this thread is going, lets cut the crap. She was not killed by her husband and then he rode the bus home. a) there is no fucking way he did this and it's disgusting to read that being implied; and b) Have you seen Bob Bashara? [[for reference he's about 6'3" 250-ish) not exactly a small guy or someone that would blend into the crowd at the bus stop at 7 mile and hoover.

He'd stand out like a sore thumb in that neighborhood at any time of day, let alone late in the evening or early in the a.m. Are you seriously trying to say that a local or the bus driver would not remember the oddly behaving, somewhat large, out of place middle aged white guy standing on line for the bus....and that he got off in or near Grosse Pointe....and that there was a GP lady found dead in her merecedes right around where that guy got on the bus?

I mean holy shit, people.
    Don't mess up the thread with sound logic and reasoning. I agree with Lowell. It's important to discuss what is known but let's cut out all the rampant speculation every time there's a suspicious death until a few facts come out.

Sound logic and reasoning? Sound logic says that in most mysterious disappearances / deaths where the victim cannot be connected to questionable activity, a friend or family member is involved.
    No forced entry into the home. No sign of a struggle. No strangers noticed casing the house by neighbors.
    Why would it be rampant speculation to imply that whoever is responsible does not reside in the 7 Mile / Hoover area? This person went all the way to GPP to stalk a stranger, abduct her, take the $100 out of her purse, kill her, and then take her body to his favorite dumping ground? If you're going to go to the criminal extent of killing someone you might as well take the Mercedes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Sound logic and reasoning? Sound logic says that in most mysterious disappearances / deaths where the victim cannot be connected to questionable activity, a friend or family member is involved.
    No forced entry into the home. No sign of a struggle. No strangers noticed casing the house by neighbors.
    Why would it be rampant speculation to imply that whoever is responsible does not reside in the 7 Mile / Hoover area? This person went all the way to GPP to stalk a stranger, abduct her, take the $100 out of her purse, kill her, and then take her body to his favorite dumping ground? If you're going to go to the criminal extent of killing someone you might as well take the Mercedes too.
    You make a great point here, and I'm sure the police are looking at that. That Mercedes would have been valuable, and if they took the time to take her to the D, they would have kept the car. It's strange that they didn't "want" such a valuable thing, I'm sure they didn't already have one [[or did they)! And then a thief would have taken things from her house too, I'm sure there were things at home that were worth more than her purse, but no mention of anything missing from home.

The whole thing smells like a setup and the dumping in Detroit is like, oh yeah, people will expect this, so lets put her there. Most people who plan things like this always count on being the smartest person alive, but of course they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwa View Post
    You make a great point here, and I'm sure the police are looking at that. That Mercedes would have been valuable, and if they took the time to take her to the D, they would have kept the car. It's strange that they didn't "want" such a valuable thing, I'm sure they didn't already have one [[or did they)! And then a thief would have taken things from her house too, I'm sure there were things at home that were worth more than her purse, but no mention of anything missing from home.

The whole thing smells like a setup and the dumping in Detroit is like, oh yeah, people will expect this, so lets put her there. Most people who plan things like this always count on being the smartest person alive, but of course they're not.
    The PD isn't going to release all the information that they have so no one but them knows what was taken from the home and/or her bank account.

As far as possible thieves not taking her car, if a person is likely going be reported as missing you don't want to get caught with their stuff even if you're driving it to the nearest chop shop.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple of thieves who followed her home or if it was her husband.
    Last edited by rjk; January-27-12 at 08:28 AM.

Earlier this evening, Channel 7 ran a bit about court trouble Bashara had concerning his rental properties. Scott Lewis was leafing through paperwork, in which two addresses of his properties that had been ticketed were visible. One of them was 1080 Wayburn, I am so curious if this is the apartment Gentz lived in that was raided earlier today

Quote Originally Posted by Alley View Post
    Earlier this evening, Channel 7 ran a bit about court trouble Bashara had concerning his rental properties. Scott Lewis was leafing through paperwork, in which two addresses of his properties that had been ticketed were visible. One of them was 1080 Wayburn, I am so curious if this is the apartment Gentz lived in that was raided earlier today
    Gentz was at 1224/1226 Wayburn.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Since this is where this thread is going, lets cut the crap... a) there is no fucking way he did this and it's disgusting to read that being implied.
    Famous last words in so many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Famous last words in so many cases.
    Perhaps, but unlike some, I'll reserve casting aspersions upon a decent person in a time of tragedy. Perhaps that faith in Bob's basic goodness will be proven false, I don't know him that well.. but I do know some very well who are standing behind him in this and that earns him further credibility in my book. Personally, I think its particularly ghoulish to propose ridiculous theories on how he killed his wife before the body is even cold.