Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The right-wing may want ride on the coat tails of woman defending themselves with a gun. The left and right are guilty of using an incident for political endorsement thru the media. Got that.

But, I doubt most Detroiter's who choose to own guns, or CPL are all NRA member, tea-party-ers meditating on Charlton Heston [[heaven forbid) when the needs arises for self defense!

Gun ownership in the D often follows a different narrative, withstanding what the right says.

And the "War on Women" phrase is more associated with the liberal progressive world view. So I think we have a mixed bag here.

Is the story omitted from the other news stations [[2 and 7)? What is their particular slant?

Still, I get you that the whole thing needs to be thorough investigated. Deadly force is no small thing.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-11-15 at 09:09 AM.

Nice commentary Zacha. Certainly more needs reporting. Personally my sentiments will always go to the woman in crisis. We need to be able to go anywhere, anytime, without threat or judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Is the story omitted from the other news stations [[2 and 7)? What is their particular slant?
    Fox 2 Detroit IS Channel 2. Hence the "2." I already linked to the Channel 4 [[ClickOnDetroit) article, which was written without unnecessary commentary, without quotes from people who are in no way connected to the incident, and contained actual pertinent facts. So if you want to tell me what their slant is and quote from the article to support it, I'm all ears.

And yes, the phrase "War on Women" is used by liberals. Did you fail to catch that that's not how it was used in the context of the article though? Or why it was necessary to even insert a politically-charged phrase [[that has nothing to do with gun violence) in an article about a local shooting at all?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    why it was necessary to even insert a politically-charged phrase [[that has nothing to do with gun violence) in an article about a local shooting at all?
    To sell more air time?

Umm, eh - that was a 'TYPO'. OK? I meant to say 4 or 7, we can add channel 20... 62 or WJR AM Radio... I wonder if any will be free of bias?

Yep, I hear you about inserting that phrase. Lovely how the news slants. I never denied that.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Fox 2 Detroit IS Channel 2. Hence the "2." I already linked to the Channel 4 [[ClickOnDetroit) article, which was written without unnecessary commentary, without quotes from people who are in no way connected to the incident, and contained actual pertinent facts. So if you want to tell me what their slant is and quote from the article to support it, I'm all ears.

And yes, the phrase "War on Women" is used by liberals. Did you fail to catch that that's not how it was used in the context of the article though? Or why it was necessary to even insert a politically-charged phrase [[that has nothing to do with gun violence) in an article about a local shooting at all?
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-11-15 at 10:22 AM.

You made me laugh. Totally remember the days with sharing sugar, coffee, milk, flour etc. Seemed so normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    You made me laugh. Totally remember the days with sharing sugar, coffee, milk, flour etc. Seemed so normal.
    I know some people on here would argue with a fence post but I have a problem with a scumbag attacking a woman regardless of circumstance. It's something I won't stand by and watch. I guess I'm just old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    I know some people on here would argue with a fence post but I have a problem with a scumbag attacking a woman regardless of circumstance. It's something I won't stand by and watch. I guess I'm just old school.
    As my Dad [[veteran) would say, "You are an officer and a gentleman".

Quote Originally Posted by Gpwrangler View Post
    Here the issue is knowing all the facts. DPD has been really good about letting homeowners defend themselves. I want to hear DPD's side as to why they thought this case was different.

If this were a white homeowner in Dearborn Heights shooting a black woman banging on his door at 3am, many people would have different opinions. [[btw, I do agree with the jury in Mr. Wafer's case).

We just simply need more details, and know why the DPD decided to act differently.