Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I use to drive through Canada to get to New York, now I drive through Ohio and Pennsylvania. The hassle at the border is ridiculous and they ask questions that are really none of their damn business like how much money you have on you or how you are related to the people in the car and just a bunch of stupid nonsense.

They should ask for your citizenship, where you are traveling to and make sure that everyone in the car is ok to cross the border and your on your damn way, to sit there for 2 hours and have your car searched is bullshit. Too many people abuse their power it's the same thing with many cops. And what gets me is you can cross over into Canada with no problems, but it's coming back into your own country where they give you a hassle. It's mindboggling how these people act.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
    I use to drive through Canada to get to New York, now I drive through Ohio and Pennsylvania. The hassle at the border is ridiculous and they ask questions that are really none of their damn business like how much money you have on you or how you are related to the people in the car and just a bunch of stupid nonsense.

They should ask for your citizenship, where you are traveling to and make sure that everyone in the car is ok to cross the border and your on your damn way, to sit there for 2 hours and have your car searched is bullshit. Too many people abuse their power it's the same thing with many cops. And what gets me is you can cross over into Canada with no problems, but it's coming back into your own country where they give you a hassle. It's mindboggling how these people act.
    How much money you are carrying is an important and legitimate question. Although now Homeland Security, customs is historically a commerce function. Its a big part of their job to protect the economy of the USA. Keeping out foreign goods [[except where legal and the other country reciprocates). Controlling international drug traffic. Legitimate question from any border officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    How much money you are carrying is an important and legitimate question. Although now Homeland Security, customs is historically a commerce function. Its a big part of their job to protect the economy of the USA. Keeping out foreign goods [[except where legal and the other country reciprocates). Controlling international drug traffic. Legitimate question from any border officer.
    Protecting the the economy of the USA?? Keeping out foreign goods??

Yeah... that's what they're doing... where the hell are they when China's dumping all its garbage at the Seattle, LA and San Diego ports? Where are they when India produced software comes to the USA unimpeded without any checking or duties whatsoever....

It's the little guy at the US border that gets shit on each time someone crosses... and the corporations get away scot free... with lame ass "trade treaties"....

Yeah... homeland security is doing their job alright... in a rude in your face manner. Keeping out drugs and terrorists is one thing... but the disrespecting of Americans at the borders is appalling....