Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default $1,000,000 [[one million) dollar houses in Detroit

so we've all read all the doom and gloom stories, median price of homes in detroit in December was $7,500, homes selling for $100, $10, $1.......

I was wondering, are there, and if they exist, where would they be, the $1,000,000 and up homes in Detroit, and only Detroit, not GP or Birmingham....

even some properties on Lakeshore in GP now are having a hard time fetching $1,000,000

are there any $1,000,000 properties in Detroit?

The only house I can think of that might be close is the former Cardinal's house [[aka John Salley's house) in Palmer Woods. Or perhaps the old Fisher Mansion [[Hare Krishna house), which is I believe the largest standing house in Detroit, although there's really no neighborhood around it. Then, oh, I don't know... Manoogian?

450 Keelson.... isn't that were..... ahhh, never mind!!!!

What is the story behind Keelson??

I'm pretty sure this is the most expensive house in the area. Prove me wrong.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...109143436?mp=1

I like how the second link [[Riverfront Dr.) shows a $1,000,000 property with one listed in the same building on the right for $139,000.

Hmmm...

I believe the house on 450 Keelson is in the same gated community where Mayor Bing was/is renting a house.

Ok, lets move on over to the west side that still has large areas of big foot homes... I wonder what the prices of some of the homes off the two golf course go for, like the like that stretch of homes on Fairview between 6 and 7 mile one home of which was originally owned by Don Barden, or further north: Palmer Woods... any big ticket homes there? I recall that big Albert Kahn house setting on Boston or Edison near Woodward was asking $500,000 at one point, but I think it was not sold...
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    so we've all read all the doom and gloom stories, median price of homes in detroit in December was $7,500, homes selling for $100, $10, $1.......

I was wondering, are there, and if they exist, where would they be, the $1,000,000 and up homes in Detroit, and only Detroit, not GP or Birmingham....

even some properties on Lakeshore in GP now are having a hard time fetching $1,000,000

are there any $1,000,000 properties in Detroit?

LodgeDodger Guest

[quote=izzyindetroit;118085]What is the story behind Keelson??

The Keelson property was featured on an episode of "Paranormal State". The owner claimed it was haunted by the ghosts of slaughtered Indians and a previous owner who was angry there was a sex club on the property run by renters. Once the sex equipment was removed, the paranormal "activity" quieted down.

I don't know a thing about the haunting, be we looked at the home years ago. It was lovely. It wasn't priced nearly as high as it is today. We looked at it during the "boom".

I was a docent at an event at the Bishop's Residence [[Salley Mansion) many years ago when it was used for a decorator showcase. It is an AMAZING home, complete with a beautiful private chapel off the Bishop's private quarters. Truly a treasure of the city.

These are the next most-expensive homes for sale after those:
    http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...113519520?mp=1

i have a serious crush on this house

Embarassing to say but I was on that program. Grayhaven, where 450 Keelson exists is because of landfill and earthworks from 1913 to 1923 when platted.

The Indian battle was the Fox Creek Massacre. I consider that land from Connor Creek to Fox Creek sacred land. The land looks after itself. All development projects have failed and will continue to fail

The previous owner of that house out lived three wives. If it is haunted I would look into their deaths.

I like how the second link [[Riverfront Dr.) shows a $1,000,000 property with one listed in the same building on the right for $139,000.

Hmmm...
    A) less than HALF the square footage...

B) 19 floors LOWER than the penthouse level...

just sayin...

^ When I saw that listing, I thought that the saying "there's a sucker born every minute" will be proven true if they actually get a buyer at that price.

stretch of homes on Fairview between 6 and 7 mile
    That would be Fairway Dr. There are some very nice houses on that street, but I doubt any of them would fetch anything close to a million under current circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    A) less than HALF the square footage...

B) 19 floors LOWER than the penthouse level...

just sayin...
    Right, but that's a huge jump in price.

Thanks for the correction... yeah there are a couple of homes boarded up on that block [[tragic). I wonder what the Don Barden house "once" went for it has a huge circular drive and carraige house I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwilbert View Post
    That would be Fairway Dr. There are some very nice houses on that street, but I doubt any of them would fetch anything close to a million under current circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Embarassing to say but I was on that program. Grayhaven, where 450 Keelson exists is because of landfill and earthworks from 1913 to 1923 when platted.

The Indian battle was the Fox Creek Massacre. I consider that land from Connor Creek to Fox Creek sacred land. The land looks after itself. All development projects have failed and will continue to fail

^^^^ where can i find some more info about this? Yes i googled it...but if you have any where you can point me for some good info i would be much obliged.

Last week there was a listing for a Fairway Drive home on trulia.com, since pulled, but it listed the 7,000 square foot home, which faced the golf course, for $165,000. The listing also showed that the last time it sold was in 2006 for something like $750,000. It was a gorgeous French-inspired mansion.

Not sure what you are looking for the Indian Battle or the history of Grayhaven? Pretty sure I've posted both histories on past threads.

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Not sure what you are looking for the Indian Battle or the history of Grayhaven? Pretty sure I've posted both histories on past threads.
    The Indian Battle...I will search the site thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Last week there was a listing for a Fairway Drive home on trulia.com, since pulled, but it listed the 7,000 square foot home, which faced the golf course, for $165,000. The listing also showed that the last time it sold was in 2006 for something like $750,000. It was a gorgeous French-inspired mansion.

If that home previously sold for $750k, there's a pretty good chance that it was a mortgage fraud deal. That would explain the "drastic" price reduction.

Yea, you posted a lot of info that most do not know about.

The highest valued million dollar plus house in Detroit??

That's an easy one....

5510 Woodward Ave..... otherwise known as the Hecker-Smiley Mansion... at nearly 21,000 sq. ft. [[with a 5,700 sq. ft. carriage house) currently the residence of Charfoos & Christiansen Law Firm. But it's up for sale... and the asking price is several million [[can't find the sale listing)....

http://www.michbar.org/journal/pdf/pdf4article359.pdf

Wow! That's incredible!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast