Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
They did/ do this to be politically correct.
Yes, but....

I think we need to look more critically at Zillow's motivation.

The current politically correct culture [[aka cancel culture) isn't a white paper sitting in an academic's desk, its an active campaign to 'shame' those who don't follow. [[See NYTimes recent article.)

So I don't think they just decided one morning meeting that it was 'politically incorrect' to 'stigmatize' neighborhoods -- I believe they are responding to incentives to comply with their younger staff who have less respect for 'free speech' and more for 'we are all racists'.

As such, this is one more battle in the world of CRT. If you really want an analysis of how CRT is dangerously Marxist, seek out James Lindsay and his 'New Discourses' podcast.

Sorry to bring CRT into this, but CRT affects Detroit significantly. It takes the side of Malcolm X rather than MLK. It encourages division by identity group, and it defines much of the world by racism, not our commonality. I think we're better served by less division [[X) and more unity [[MLK). Taking CRT's side alienates good white people, with its focus on bad white people. That will hurt Detroit.

Back to Zillow... I think they were shamed into hiding these stats by claims of racism [[CRT says you must confront racism wherever CRT leaders see it, and you must find it even when of no impact [[crime stats) because you must be anti-racist.)