Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

THERE WAS AN ARTICLE in the Detroit News, I believe, that interviewed the woman who was doing the stencil work to replicate the look of the plaster, as the work was ongoing in either '07 or '08. I know it was posted here. I quickly went back through the old forum archive to try to dig it up, with no luck. Perhaps someone else can take a look for it. I'll take a rehabbed, occupied Fort Shelby any day minus some plaster over a derelict empty non-contributing historic structure any day.

I remember seeing an article in one of the local papers online. It was in one of the articles about the Fort Shelby renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    THERE WAS AN ARTICLE in the Detroit News, I believe, that interviewed the woman who was doing the stencil work to replicate the look of the plaster, as the work was ongoing in either '07 or '08. I know it was posted here. I quickly went back through the old forum archive to try to dig it up, with no luck. Perhaps someone else can take a look for it. I'll take a rehabbed, occupied Fort Shelby any day minus some plaster over a derelict empty non-contributing historic structure any day.

The particular article was printed in February 2008, however it's not available to read online for free. The artist's name is Kathleen Spicer and she was working out of Yonkers, NY.

Pictures from the soon to open Ft Shelby on the freepress website http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...arams=Itemnr=3