Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CalvinJam Guest

Default TONIGHT [[WED) / Justice for Trayvon

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

March 21, 2012

MEDIA CONTACT: Jamar Muhammad at [[601) 870-2744 or [[601) 786-9788 or jcmuhammad7@yahoo.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minister Prince Najee Muhammad, the national commander and minister of the New Black Liberation Institute and Militia,will have a discussion with the Son of Man, the leader and teacher of the New Nation of Islam.

WHEN: TONIGHT [[Wednesday, March 21, 2012) at 9 PM Eastern / 8 PM Central

THE TOPIC:

JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON

Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman

On February 26, 2012 in a suburb of Orlando, Florida: a Hispanic man, George Zimmerman, shot to death an unarmed African-American teenager, Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman was on neighborhood watch, carrying a pistol. Zimmerman spotted Martin as he was patrolling his neighborhood on a rainy evening and called 911 to report a suspicious person. Against the advice of the 911 dispatcher, Zimmerman then followed Martin, who was walking home from a convenience store with a bag of skittles in his pocket. Zimmerman contends that he shot Martin in self-defense; there are no eyewitnesses and the details are murky, but at least one witness overheard a confrontation. To date, Zimmerman has not been arrested, but after media outcry, local and federal grand jury investigations have been opened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minister Prince Najee Muhammad is the national commander and minister of the New Black Liberation Institute and Militia. Minister Najee and the New Black Liberation Institute and Militia recently made news by stating that they will go and attempt a citizens' arrest of George Zimmerman, the man that killed Trayvon Martin. You can read more about that here.

The Son of Manis the leader and teacher of the New Nation of Islam. In 1973, the Son of Man visited Muhammad’s Temple where he heard and accepted the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad. The Son of Man began teaching and building the New Nation of Islam in 1975, and he began building on the foundation established by the Honorable Elijah Muhammad for a new nation. The Son of Man is teaching his people to awake to the understanding of righteousness, to come together as a new black nation, and to do for self. For his full bio, click here.

HOW YOU CAN LISTEN [[there are three ways):

Number 1: You will be able to hear the discussion LIVE over your telephone.

To listen to this discussion, simply call into this teleconference call to listen:
    [[712) 432-0075
    When prompted, enter access code 912932#
    [[please note that there are NO EXTRA CHARGES
    for the teleconference call. It's just a regular long-distance call.)

Number 2: You will be able to hear the discussion LIVE via internet streaming.

To listen to this discussion, simply go to:
    www.thenewnationofislam.com [[refresh your page at 9 PM eastern / 8 PM central)
    or go to:
    www.tv33whpr.com

Number 3: You will be able to hear the discussion LIVE on TV & Radio [[in Detroit, Michigan).

This discussion will also be broadcast over the TELEVISIONand RADIO in Detroit, Michigan.
    Simply tune into WHPR 88.1 FM radio, or turn your channel to UHF TV 33 or Comcast 20.

Please pass this message along. Thank you.

Find out more about the Son of Man and the New Nation of Islam:

www.thenewnationofislam.com

On Youtube: NewNationofIslam
    On Facebook: TheNewNationofIslam

I wish citizen juries like the guy who started this thread would allow the police and court systems to handle matters in far off jurisdictions.

My take on this matter is that the security guy was conditioned to look for shady young men like the one he got trigger happy and shot; does that make him an awful criminal? Not so sure. It does make him a guy who shot someone that may or may not have deserved it [[we really don't seem to have all of the details).

The whole point of the outrage is the that the police DID NOT handle it. They basically took the shooter at his word and did no investigation.

And the kid didn't do anything shady. The guys was just a nutjob.

I agree, we need more facts before we do any judging. The last thing we need is hysterics and knee-jerk actions from political pundits.

It sounds like the verdict is in and JUSTICE is being sought. Nothing good ever comes from that stance.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    The whole point of the outrage is the that the police DID NOT handle it. They basically took the shooter at his word and did no investigation.
    That is where the major outrage lies. With more and more details being uncovered daily, it seems as if the Sanford Police have done everything in its power to make this shooting seem justified. I'm sure most of us can agree that an unarmed teen being murdered would at least expect the shooter to be questioned at their local district and not just allowed to walk when they arrive.

Very frustrating case.

Fuck that wanna be keystone cop and the even more egregious actions by the Police Dept. in that jurisdiction.

This shooting is completely unjustified.

I'm completely confused at what more information people are waiting on to form an opinion. Maybe if George Zimmerman would have just waited for the police to arrive they could have planted a gun on Trayvon Martin, then that way some of these DYes posters wouldn't have to feel conflicted about finding this homicide completely justifiable.

Fuck that wanna be keystone cop and the even more egregious actions by the Police Dept. in that jurisdiction.

This shooting is completely unjustified.
    Indeed..
    And the general concensus of informed opinion says the same....
    The whole thing is a disgrace and a shame...

Ummm, ok, so the NNOI is coming forth... well I am not following this organization withstanding the nature of this tragedy and their position therein.

Setting that aside, I TOO BELIEVE that the murder of Trayvon was unjustified murdered and evidence is mounting that the local law enforcement was complicate and parlayed favor towards Zimmerman.

There are going to be many local organizations and groups rallying around this... It's going to be interesting to sift the light from the heat. My prayers and thoughts go out to Trayvon's parents.

Just 'imagine' the fringe groups and white supremacist types, etc. on the other side of this issue - believing the shooters actions to be just. And long awaited.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-21-12 at 06:58 PM.

YEAH, sometimes it is what it is. A is A!

Zimmerman does not come off as the 'brightest' bulb in the box - to the chagrin of those who champion his action.

Apparently he was not smart enough to effectively distort A into Q, like planting a gun etc. Though sometimes that kind of thing is brought into a case LATER. 'Emerging' as it were -- to justify an action!

That's why the 'early' news runs are crucial to remember, before things are, eh, 'adjusted'. So as to better suit outcomes. That has happened on planet earth before..........
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    I'm completely confused at what more information people are waiting on to form an opinion. Maybe if George Zimmerman would have just waited for the police to arrive they could have planted a gun on Trayvon Martin, then that way some of these DYes posters wouldn't have to feel conflicted about finding this homicide completely justifiable.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-21-12 at 09:33 PM.

9mile&seneca Guest

This is the reason that we have the Sharptrons and Jesse Jacksons of the world.God. I was hoping all the white people like that had died off...

The Sanford police are now saying they believe George went back to his car as directed and was attacked there while waiting for police. Hm. If I recall, witnesses said the two were fighting by their back porch. Did Trayvon drag George, who outweighed him by 100 pounds, from his car to behind the houses?

Well, I see the Sanford city commissioners have voted "No Confidence" in Police Chief Bill Lee Jr. I'll be surprised if this db keeps his job much past the weekend.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...rs-randy-jones

Yep. More of this to come... story changing to fit the outcome!

Let the games [[adjustments) begin - redressing of the corpse so to speak. Such a tragedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    The Sanford police are now saying they believe George went back to his car as directed and was attacked there while waiting for police. Hm. If I recall, witnesses said the two were fighting by their back porch. Did Trayvon drag George, who outweighed him by 100 pounds, from his car to behind the houses?

CalvinJam Guest

The Son of Man is playing the video of Trayvon's parents right now.

This is so sad that they had to lose their son this way. smh.

The more details that come out, the more sympathy I have for the Trayvon, and his family.

This is a wake-up call for society. It's tragic when someone has to die because of threatening behavior. It's even more tragic when someone dies because of miscommunication.

People do not know how to communicate when they are afraid. And they do not know how to communicate that they mean no harm. People don't know how to communicate when they're angry. People don't know how to make sure their anger is not displaced.

You combine all of this...what a heartbreaking world we're in.

Just putting myself in that boys shoes chills me to the bone. Walking home, looking at my neighbors houses as I walk by [[do that all the time), talking on the phone to my friend, and then noticing some stranger-danger asshole following me in their vehicle who then proceeds to approach me, attack me, and then shoot me. And then my family having to deal with it after i'm gone, who can find no justice for me from the very people sworn to protect me.

Since when is the shooting an unarmed teenaged boy by a grown ass man with a 100 pounds on him considered self defense, even IF they boy had attacked him?

These are grave times for our children. Grave times indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by gazhekwe View Post
    Exactly, they're just trying to clean everything up now. Several witnesses have said from the beginning that it was Trayvon calling for help before the gunshot, including his girlfriend who was on the phone with him who said Zimmerman confronted him then she heard the scuffle before the phone dropped. And an eyewitness who saw Zimmerman on top of Trayvon, who was much smaller and scared. Witnesses have even said that the cops tried to lead them into saying something different than what they saw.

So now they've concocted a new story to say that Zimmerman was retreating and this little boy attacked him? They're just trying to help him come up with a way to use the Stand Your Ground defense. It's disgusting how they're bending over backwards to help this guy get away with cold blooded murder.

Absolutely disgusting and tragic.

Just so we're clear - the initial reports come out saying Zimmerman killed Trayvon in cold blood, and people buy that. Then reports came out that there was an altercation, and those aren't believed. Based on... something? First-hand knowledge of the people involved? The supernatural ability to judge eyewitness accounts by reading about them on a website? Certain facts fitting preconceived notions, so some are given more weight than others?

This case is a media circus. You aren't going to get any accurate information out of the media for weeks to come. I know jumping to conclusions is satisfying, but it's dangerous and dishonest.

People need to stop letting the media manipulate them.

Quote Originally Posted by JBMcB View Post
    Just so we're clear - the initial reports come out saying Zimmerman killed Trayvon in cold blood, and people buy that. Then reports came out that there was an altercation, and those aren't believed. Based on... something? First-hand knowledge of the people involved? The supernatural ability to judge eyewitness accounts by reading about them on a website? Certain facts fitting preconceived notions, so some are given more weight than others?

This case is a media circus. You aren't going to get any accurate information out of the media for weeks to come. I know jumping to conclusions is satisfying, but it's dangerous and dishonest.

People need to stop letting the media manipulate them.

Agreed..

I hate to say it, but his trial by public opinion seems eerily similar to what drove lynch mobs in the past. How can any of us be so sure of what happened?

I think that having a grand jury look at the case to determine whether charges are warranted is the right thing to do.

That said, I see a striking similarity between this case and the case of the solider in Afghanistan who shot a slew of villagers last week.

In both cases, a young man was put in a position of authority, with a gun, when that young man should not have had that gun [[in Florida, the shooter was untrained; in Afghanistan, the shooter had past brain trauma).

Yet, in Florida, we blame racism and in Afghanistan we say its because of the solider's circumstances.

In truth, when we condition people to shoot, they do - so we shouldn't be surprised.

You would have shot Trevon Martin, too, if you had been in the same position as Mr. Zimmerman - conditioned to be suspicious, carrying a gun without proper training and experience, defending an upscale neighborhood againts 'outside' forces, etc. You can say its because Mr. Zimmerman was an evil racist, but that's not based on your knowledge of Mr. Zimmerman - since none of us know him - and its not an honest assessment of the situation he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    I think that having a grand jury look at the case to determine whether charges are warranted is the right thing to do.

That said, I see a striking similarity between this case and the case of the solider in Afghanistan who shot a slew of villagers last week.

In both cases, a young man was put in a position of authority, with a gun, when that young man should not have had that gun [[in Florida, the shooter was untrained; in Afghanistan, the shooter had past brain trauma).

Yet, in Florida, we blame racism and in Afghanistan we say its because of the solider's circumstances.

In truth, when we condition people to shoot, they do - so we shouldn't be surprised.

You would have shot Trevon Martin, too, if you had been in the same position as Mr. Zimmerman - conditioned to be suspicious, carrying a gun without proper training and experience, defending an upscale neighborhood againts 'outside' forces, etc. You can say its because Mr. Zimmerman was an evil racist, but that's not based on your knowledge of Mr. Zimmerman - since none of us know him - and its not an honest assessment of the situation he was in.
    I would not have shot the kid, because I would not be confronting some stranger just walking down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    Agreed..

I hate to say it, but his trial by public opinion seems eerily similar to what drove lynch mobs in the past. How can any of us be so sure of what happened?
    What is most similar to lynching of the past is the fact that the killers are not prosecuted.

I say hang the hispanic guy now and figure out what happened later. I wouldn't want to get egg on my face like with the Duke lacrosse players' case.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast