Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Was it Pioneer?

On second thought I think that was on Utica just south of Hall Road, the only place north on Van Dyle was Van Dyke Bowl but I thought it was a little further nother than 1/2 mile and there was Bill Spargo's place up the road on Van Dyke a few more miles, tha name escapes me now.

Spargo's place was Shelby Bowl

Colonial lanes was on Van Dyke just north of Hall rd. next to the Sveden House restaurant.
    It's been a warehouse for Weingartz equipment for quite awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_of_None View Post
    Colonial lanes was on Van Dyke just north of Hall rd. next to the Sveden House restaurant.
    It's been a warehouse for Weingartz equipment for quite awhile now.
    Thanks, 1_of_None. That sounds correct.

Default Pioneer

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Spargo's place was Shelby Bowl
    Pioneer opened in 1968 or 1969 and most of the equipment installed there originated from the old Palace Lanes in Detroit that was located on Gratiot near Forest. Palace in the 1930's-1940's was home to the Stroh's bowling team with Joe Norris and Fred Wolf. Of course later when Wolf owned Eastland it seemed his ambition was to have the highest bowling rates in the area.

Paul Cito was based out of Ritter's around 1966-67 and perhaps before that.