Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

We shouldn't have outrage about vandals in Detroit because a Detroit businessman ran an illegal gambling ring 2-3 decades ago........

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    We shouldn't have outrage about vandals in Detroit because a Detroit businessman ran an illegal gambling ring 2-3 decades ago........
    I never said you should not "have outrage". But for Dan to call these young women degenerates was a little much. His youthful crime caused far more damage than a little spray paint in an alley.

No, these girls should not be given a pass for their behavior They should be properly punished by the legal system in addition to the sanctions they are receiving at home. They should receive the same punishment that youngsters from the ghetto would receive for the same crime.

Quote Originally Posted by SyGolden48236 View Post
    I never said you should not "have outrage". But for Dan to call these young women degenerates was a little much. His youthful crime caused far more damage than a little spray paint in an alley.
    Degenerate: an immoral or corrupt person

A vandal seems to meet that description. As to your assertions about Gilbert's past, I'm not as well informed and only know what you have at the link.

Fast-forward thirty years into the future and imagine someone vandalizing these young ladies' homes. Imagine if they have clean records over that thirty years. Are we going to tell them to STFU because they did something dumb 30 years previous and got punished?

They'd have every right to be upset.

At some point Detroit is going to need to stop siding with vandals [[these women) and people with warrants [[folks arrested on Belle Isle) and be happy that bad people are put in jail. I find it funny that people are actually defending these young ladies.

It's funny that folks get upset about these ladies being called "degenerates" when they spray-painted "fuck" and "bitch" onto a downtown building.

I think you ought to be more concerned about physically painting those words onto someone else's property than someone typing "degenerates" into an email.
    Last edited by Scottathew; July-07-14 at 07:28 PM.