Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Hardcore Pawn

Hybrid View

I've seen a couple of episodes, and it seems that every other customer threatens to shoot up the store.

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    I've seen a couple of episodes, and it seems that every other customer threatens to shoot up the store.
    Go to any pawn shop in Metro Detroit. The workers are always packin'

Actually I noticed a few scenes where the "hellraisers" were miked. So the show is definately just a 2011 version of wrestling [[prepackaged entertainment).

On the other hand, I've been there a couple times and the line was way longer than I would have ever guessed, prior to going in. The prices on the merchandise were also WAAAYYY high for what one would expect to pay for used goods at a pawn shop. That being said no one was in there, acting ignorant.

All in all, a mix of truth and fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
    Actually I noticed a few scenes where the "hellraisers" were miked. So the show is definately just a 2011 version of wrestling [[prepackaged entertainment).

On the other hand, I've been there a couple times and the line was way longer than I would have ever guessed, prior to going in. The prices on the merchandise were also WAAAYYY high for what one would expect to pay for used goods at a pawn shop. That being said no one was in there, acting ignorant.

All in all, a mix of truth and fiction.
    Yea, I saw a few of the Microphones taped to the peoples backs, as security was dragging the people out of the pawn shop for causing a disturbance.

I like the fact that this show is based in Detroit, but im really embarrased that this show is reinforcing the negative images that people associate with Detroit.

Other than that, the father who is the owner seems like a really cool person. I am however tired of seeing the sister and brother fight every week over who is in control of the shop.

Now on the other hand, Pawn Stars in Vegas has their issues also. I like the old man, Rick, Big Haus and Chumley, eventhough their is some differences it adds to the show. I just don't like the fact that evertime someone brings in something they need to call in an expert. They been in the business long enough, they should know what they are doing.

"Hardcore" is really late to the show. I don't expect it to go much further. Very "forced", phony and unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    Now on the other hand, Pawn Stars in Vegas has their issues also. I like the old man, Rick, Big Haus and Chumley, eventhough their is some differences it adds to the show. I just don't like the fact that evertime someone brings in something they need to call in an expert. They been in the business long enough, they should know what they are doing.
    "Experts"? I don't mind those guys [[or any pawn shops folk) calling in experts in their respective fields to grade things but who the hell is that dope that the Harrisons call in to do verification of autographs? I think he's about as phony and hokey as they come. All he shows up with is a big ass Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass out of a briefcase and looks at the supposed signature. Shouldn't he be comparing the supposed signature to a known authenticated signature? That big ol' magnifying glass just shows some minute detail [[it wasn't signed with an auto-pen nor was it a photocopy) but where's the authenticity in that?

He's the only one I'd call on the carpet. Some of the other folks are at least known dealers and experts in their respective fields.