Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Thanks a ton renf. I've got another one on McKinstry to figure out. In the old H.O.F thread it was speculated to be the sixth Paige plant but then it looked like it might be Detroit B & C and I have no idea what that stands for. Its right across Jefferson from the Harbor Terminals building. Any ideas on that one?

When I worked at Budd in the 70s, there was abuilding we called "The Hudson Building." The Budd property was bounded by Charlevoix, Conner, Mack, and Conner Lane.

The "Hudson Building" was located on the east side of the plant, between the plant and Conner.

Sometimes the name of a former owner stays attached to a building they once owned. Did The Hudson Motor Car Company once own that piece of property?

Quote Originally Posted by Bcscott View Post
    I've got another one on McKinstry to figure out. In the old H.O.F thread it was speculated to be the sixth Paige plant but then it looked like it might be Detroit B & C and I have no idea what that stands for. Its right across Jefferson from the Harbor Terminals building. Any ideas on that one?
    Detroit Copper & Brass.

Attachment 3936

Attachment 3937

Thanks again Mike. Is the building with the rounded corners on the left in the post card the remaining building on McKinstry across from the harbor terminals building? If so, where is or was the Paige plant?

Yes, that is the remaining building. Paige was just north of Detroit C&B, on Fort between McKinstry and Clark. From the DTE aerial collection at Wayne State, 1981:

Attachment 3941

And on W Jefferson, just east of Detroit C&B, are the partial remains of Studebaker.

Awesome, thanks! I love trying to piece this stuff together.