Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

He's 75 and half crippled.

He's also already announced he's running again. Doesn't he have grandchildren he wants to spend time with.

He's one of the reasons this place looks just like it does. Like it was designed for a bunch of shortsighed angry old white men.

And his face resembles an over-masturbated penis.

Brizee brings up my usual points [[with the addition of the looking like a penis part, which is hilarious), but leaves out my one point I like to make...

Brooksie hates urban and urban-like developments. He has always been biased against Ferndale-esque communities, while praising Clarkston for being so safe and wonderful and whatever. He's completely and utterly neglected Royal Oak Township, much to the detriment of its residents. Everyone, whether on a local, state or national scale, seems to willfully ignore that there are more than one areas of Oakland County which are not exactly the standard of living you'd expect for a "platinum" community. Brooskie refuses to look at the big picture, neglecting the fact that a strong urban core with supporting suburban communities is quintessential to our region's success. Instead we're left with another "EFF YOU GOT MINE" old white guy. My generation will be paying for his short-sightedness for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

He's also already announced he's running again. Doesn't he have grandchildren he wants to spend time with.

He's one of the reasons this place looks just like it does. Like it was designed for a bunch of shortsighed angry old white men.

This place?

That made me chuckle quite a bit! Patterson is quite hated, and his hate speech and overt racism doesn't help.

Many people blame Patterson for some of Detroit's woes, but I see it the other way around, Detroit's woes are to blame for Oakland County's success.

People don't want to live in a place filled with so much crime, terrible schools, and poor city services.

If you fix Detroit's problems, it will repopulate. Oakland and Macomb County are what they are because Detroit isn't what it ain't.

Detroit has an opportunity to fix its problems and rebuild as an urban city with larger lots and new homes.

Now if Detroit would stop resisting help and labeling it as a "takeover", it could move forward. The fact is, Detroit needs to be taken over because more of the same action will get you more of the same results.

Also, keep in mind that these pensioners that so many people are trying to protect live out in the sprawlburgs, not Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Also, keep in mind that these pensioners that so many people are trying to protect live out in the sprawlburgs, not Detroit.
    Oh yes, most of us are definitely well aware of that...

Wouldn't he rather spend time with his booze than any grandkids?
    Last edited by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast; January-20-14 at 03:49 PM.