Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I really hope that some of you on this forum will apply! Not sure if it's a paid position or not...we just need semi intelligent folks to do what's right for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    I really hope that some of you on this forum will apply! Not sure if it's a paid position or not...we just need semi intelligent folks to do what's right for the kids.
    Can you provide some context here?

Are these Charters than run within/by DPS??

Who are the other Charter operators? How are they governed?

I wasn't really speaking about the charters as I know little about them [[and have been given zero info about the operators and such). I was referring to the 10 small schools IN DPS that will be self governing at Cody and Osborn. At this point, all we know is what is posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitTeacher View Post
    I wasn't really speaking about the charters as I know little about them [[and have been given zero info about the operators and such). I was referring to the 10 small schools IN DPS that will be self governing at Cody and Osborn. At this point, all we know is what is posted above.
    So this is a new initiative to create charter-like, self-governed schools within existing DPS infrastructure then. What grade levels? Ten schools within two structures? Sounds interesting. Nice to see within DPS. I hope DPS really lets them innovate.

The 10 schools are high schools, grades 9-12. I am also hoping that DPS lets us get creative! It is also why I am suggesting that some forumers here might be a good fit for the boards for those 10 schools. If I could, I would. Unfortunately, teachers were not to be included on those boards [[although I think they should be...no one knows what we need more than we do).

Cody and Osborn already have smaller schools [[each with a principal) operating in the two buildings. It would just be a flip to be self governing with a board overseeing the entire building, as opposed to principals fighting amongst themselves with no help from DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    So this is a new initiative to create charter-like, self-governed schools within existing DPS infrastructure then. What grade levels? Ten schools within two structures? Sounds interesting. Nice to see within DPS. I hope DPS really lets them innovate.
    Last edited by DetroitTeacher; May-01-12 at 03:39 PM.